What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's a reasonable price for a Bullfrog R7L?  (Read 11377 times)

toddhoffious

What's a reasonable price for a Bullfrog R7L?
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
Howdy,

We were quoted a little over $10K with ozone. That's installed and the existing hot tub removed. It's in stock and the color scheme is acceptable.

I've read *a lot* of posts on this site but numbers are still hard to come buy.

Is this a reasonable price?

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

What's a reasonable price for a Bullfrog R7L?
« on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »

39lasalle

Re: What's a reasonable price for a Bullfrog R7L?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:00:13 am »
We got the A7L ,cover,lifter,steps and chems with delivery for $9000 plus tax.    After the Labor Day promo and the credit card game, all said and done I think bottom line was around $8600.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 10:20:45 am »
I'll chime in.

As a dealer, that's our asking price roughly.  About $9k-11 depending on options/financing.  Tax is high out here.  A7's are in the $12-14, again, same as before.

39 got a steal, but dealer didn't make any money (not my business model ;)

Sam

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:16:07 pm »
We got the A7L ,cover,lifter,steps and chems with delivery for $9000 plus tax.    After the Labor Day promo and the credit card game, all said and done I think bottom line was around $8600.

This is not a reasonable price for other people to expect to buy this hot tub for.  It would still be a great deal to get one for even $2k over that.

To answer the OP, you are in line with what most dealers would sell that for.  Especially considering there is a disposal.

Beck0101

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:59 am »
You will not get consistent feedback on cost on this site no matter how many ways you ask it.

If you were in West Michigan you could get an A8L delivered for the price you've been quoted for an R7, plus tax.  If you read enough on this site that price is "impossible".  But it's not...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:40 am »
Howdy,

We were quoted a little over $10K with ozone. That's installed and the existing hot tub removed. It's in stock and the color scheme is acceptable.

thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I tend to stay out of price discussions because I haven't been in the market for 4 years now and price vary around the country for the same product. Good luck with your search.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »
Howdy,

thanks!

Yes it is, with a removal and R7L loaded with accessories that is right where we sell it at (unless you add Stereo, Salt System or other upgrades)....R7L is a great spa, personally speaking my fav. Bullfrog is the A7L which of course is the same size/layout...you'll love it, also Bullfrog now does 'Verified' reviews on their website...16 of them for the R7L, check em out: http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/r-series-hot-tubs/r7l/

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 04:39:00 am »
If that's before tax I'd think you could do a little better. It's not a bad price, though. I'd shop around at other BF dealers and tell them the quote you got. However, a good dealer is worth a couple hundred extra.

toddhoffious

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:18 pm »
Thanks all. I really appreciate the feedback!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »
You will not get consistent feedback on cost on this site no matter how many ways you ask it.

If you were in West Michigan you could get an A8L delivered for the price you've been quoted for an R7, plus tax.  If you read enough on this site that price is "impossible".  But it's not...

I read some of the prices that people pay for tubs on this site and the first thing I think is the people are full of it because why would a company sell something for no profit or for a loss.  The only time I do deals like what I see on here is when I have a unit that's been a wet test model for a few months.  I'm not specifally saying that people are making up things, I just don't understand it.  Pricing tricky because different markets have different overhead.  You won't get the same price from a guy who operates out of a store that costs him $10 a sq ft to rent versus a guy whose store costs $30 a square foot to rent.  A good service tech is worth his a ton of money these days.  So if you buy a tub from a guy who doesn't do service or who doesn't have a very good service department then that will be reflected in the price.   I know wholesale on a A8L and I read someone on this thread say you could get that for 10k in Michigan.  I just don't see how that's possible at all.  Including delivery, removal and disposal of a existing tub, chemicals, cover lift and steps when factoring in overhead you just lost money.  Most of us are smaller guys just trying to make a buck like everybody else.  I would rather sit at home watching TV rather then selling something for a loss

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42