What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa Twilight 8.2 Pricing  (Read 30999 times)

Stevo

Master Spa Twilight 8.2 Pricing
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
Does anyone out there know how much I should expect to spend on a Master Spa 8.2 Twilight hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa Twilight 8.2 Pricing
« on: January 08, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Master Spa Twilight 8.2 Pricing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:04:41 pm »
It should cost less than a well made, long lasting, energy efficient model from one of the better manufacturers. And theres a lot of them out there.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 01:13:02 am »
Does anyone out there know how much I should expect to spend on a Master Spa 8.2 Twilight hot tub.

You'll probably find the pros here will advise you rethink the manufacturer you're considering. There is no consensus as to who is best and there doesn't need to be because there are multiple good choices you can make but Master is not considered to be one of them.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 07:27:40 am »

Welcome to the forum.  I haven't been pricing tubs for 4 years now and at that time we didn't have a Master dealer in town.   I've seen your replies so far and while the company is not fond of here for some of their marketing practices, the tubs themselves don't appear to be any worse that many of the middle of the road  manufacturers.  Certainly no worse in many respects than my first Dynasty tub I bought in 2003. In fairness, I did get 10 years of use out of that one, I just wasn't a fan of the company there either.

Good luck with whatever you choose and we will enjoy hearing about it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:49:39 am »
Being just a consumer myself and having gone thru the hot tub selection process for the first time just a couple years ago, I spent countless hours trying to figure out what I wanted to buy myself. Tubs are a bit different than other big dollar purchases because many times the inferior products looks and acts just like the quality product. It is all sealed up in a pretty case and what makes it good or bad is hidden away. Add in every single tub I looked at I was told was the best in the market place by who was selling them and if I bought right then and there I would get the show pricing that was significantly lower than the sticker price in some cases.

I ended up with a Watkins tub that I feel is pretty good quality but I saw quite a few that looked every bit as good for a fraction of the price. Even my dealer when I asked to look under the hood said that was an odd request and not really anything to see except some pumps and pipes and showed me a few pictures in a catalog of the guts of my tub and talked a lot about the strong motors etc. the first time I actually looked behind the cover was when I was doing my own install and I removed the cover myself. I can honestly say even though my tub is in the upper level of what would be called high quality I wasn’t overly impressed with what I saw as the build quality or the construction.

There is IMO a bigger leap of faith in buying a hot tub than a car. There is a bit more to see in a car, we have more people around us advising on buying a car and most of us have been around cars our whole life and have an opinion when driving one what makes a good car good. After owning my first tub now for a couple years I think I know exactly what to look for next time and I feel I did pretty well selecting the tub I did.

I really didn’t look at any Master Spas that I know of but I could have as I looked at quite a few at home shows that I don’t remember the names of. I just reviewed their web site and from the information there it looks like it could be a quality tub.

Could the more knowledgeable tell us what makes it a not so good tub? And more importantly what to look out for that could alert us to a not so good tub that looks just fine from the outside?   

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:02:58 am »
Wmccall post came in as I was typing mine and gave me a whole line of thought I wasn’t thinking of. You go to a spa dealer and they are all great friendly people and you know the guy you talk to isn’t going to come out and fix your tub when the time comes. They do describe the warranty and in my case even told me who I should call if I have a problem to do the repair and that they work with my manufacture all the time.

So far I have only been thinking about mechanical and electrical qualities, but he brings up a good point if the manufacture maybe isn’t standing behind the product after the sale, or is directly misleading in what it says you are getting in any way. I guess there it is a matter of third party reviews of actual buyers you need to look at as well.     

Sam

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:57:09 pm »
There are quite a few better options out there.  To name a few of the reasons you should avoid them;

Lower to mid quality components, very cheap flimsy cabinet, mediocre build quality, poor filtration / treatment systems, company sanctions dishonest sales tactics, jets tend to be weak on all but the most expensive models.

This has been my experience with them.  I sold them for a brief 2 year period when I worked for a small dealer part time.  I delivered a couple as well.  That was 10 years ago.  I've only seen a handful in person since then, so things may have changed though I doubt it.  They still allow that dealer out of MN to travel around the country ripping people off.

I'm not saying they are the worst, but there are at least 10 better manufacturers that will allow you to avoid most of the above issues that I noted.

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 05:26:01 am »
Perfect example of what I'm talking about re price disclosure even on this forum.  Original poster asks a simple question about price and gets seven replies, none of which answer or even address the simple question that was asked.

castletonia

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 07:55:54 am »
Perfect example of what I'm talking about re price disclosure even on this forum.  Original poster asks a simple question about price and gets seven replies, none of which answer or even address the simple question that was asked.

No one here represents Master Spas and therefore doesn’t know what they sell for, that’s why no answers.  My guess would be around $9,000-$10,000.  And as Sam already said, there are better options out there for similar money.

Michael Russell

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 08:21:11 am »
When I was looking at Master Spa a few weeks ago. I was tossed up between Master, Marquis and Artisian. It took some time to get some clear idea's as to why people here don't like Master. Most if not all of the items I think are now mostly taken care of... Other then the poor business practice of the company. There is a history of them not standing behind deals and rebates they have made.. All said that was a few years ago.

As far as quality, they seem to be pretty similar components as best as I could tell to the brands I referenced. Mind you I say that as an end user and no experience fixing tubs,.

Swilly just bought a Master here in Canada and should be able to share his price as well. Pricing I was getting was $12k, $300 for cover lifter. That was for a Twilight 8.25 or 8.2.

Michael Russell

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 08:24:22 am »
I should add... I would have likely ended up in the Master over the Marquis had the dealer been closer to my house. They are over a 2 hours drive though and I was not comfortable being that far up the road...

bradleyabell

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 10:12:52 am »

I believe they are just trying to make sure that the OP doesn't make a mistake with what tub they purchase.  You want to buy from a good local dealer who is reputable and will get you through the hopefully 15+ years that you own your tub.  I am simply a customer, not a dealer and agree strongly to avoid MasterSpa at any and all cost.

kies1

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 06:51:20 pm »
Did not like the attitude nor sales tactics of my local master spa dealer. Tried arguing with me when told him what other brands we were looking at, about warranties from other companies, etc etc. Was not impressed. Pressure sales tactics as well.

swilly1000

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 08:28:52 pm »
Did not like the attitude nor sales tactics of my local master spa dealer. Tried arguing with me when told him what other brands we were looking at, about warranties from other companies, etc etc. Was not impressed. Pressure sales tactics as well.

That's a bummer.  I bought from premium wholesale in Mississauga.  They're good.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 06:34:17 am »

About 2 years ago..................
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 06:34:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42