What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Tundra Legend leak  (Read 2182 times)

JOEKOOL

Arctic Tundra Legend leak
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:08:50 pm »
I have an Artic tundra legend that sprung a leak. Its where this reddish colored hose connects to the back of the tub. It also has some wires running into the same area as the leak. Its getting down to zero at night right now. Just looking for someone to identify what the parts are in the picture that I will need to replace.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 11:24:05 pm by JOEKOOL »

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic Tundra Legend leak
« on: December 09, 2016, 11:08:50 pm »

Water Boy

Re: Arctic Tundra Legend leak
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:54:54 pm »
I am pretty that is a Onzen salt cell electrode. I am not 100% sure on that, but I think it is with the wires coming from it. We haven't sold many of the salt systems, so I am not very familiar with it. But, that is the older version of the salt cell, and you will probably have to switch to the new version. Do you have a local dealer in your area that you can contact for service?
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

JacuzziJack

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:31:25 pm »
If it were mine, I think what I'd do is drain it down to below the leak, then cut the hose at the end of the fitting and get on it with a big pair of pliers and remove the jet and clean the jet mating surfaces. If there is a connector for the wire, unhook at the connector, or clip the wires a few inches/feet back where it will be easy to re-solder them. Take the jet indoors and inspect it well. The leak might just be poor sealing at the hose or electrical sensor and if that's the case you can either take the piece to the dealer to make sure you're getting the right replacement parts, or disassemble things, cut and remove the short piece of hose, remove and reinstall the sensor and reinstall using a good silicon sealant. Others might disagree, but it's one way to approach it. There are places on the internet that sell parts like this if your dealer can't come through in a timely maner.

For the short term, put an electric ceramic heater under there, or one on each side maybe on low to keep from freezing. That's the advantage of having an Arctic Spa, the cabinet is insulated. and most electric heaters have a a temp setting dial on them. I bought one of these thing-a-ma-jigs off ebay that works really well for general temp control:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-110V-220V-Digital-F-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-DIY-Aquarium-Sous-Vide-/271782572156?hash=item3f4780f07c:g:PQoAAOSwCGVX5OqD

JacuzziJack

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:54:14 pm »
Actually, thinking about it a little more, is it convenient enough that you can get your hands in there to work, or is it tough to get to? The leak is probably at the sensor or the hose. If it's close enough to work on, maybe see if you can remove the sensor and take a look at what you see. Maybe cleaning the sensor seating area and plugging the hole (with like wood dowel  or cone-shaped piece of plastic), add some water back in and see if it still leaks. Or, maybe cut the hose connection and see if you can carefully slit the piece of hose on the barbed part of the jet and get it off. You might need to heat it up with a heat gun since it's cold outside. It depends on the type of cement they used. You might not be able to get that piece off. But if you can, clean it, apply more sealer adhesive/cement and put the hose back on. Use a hose clamp too. Then add water and see if that stopped the leak. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:22:11 am by JacuzziJack »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 07:54:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42