What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help needed with Arctic spa !!  (Read 4345 times)

Ashman555

Help needed with Arctic spa !!
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »
Hi I have a Arctic spa cub , it's had a new pump 1 , new gecko display , and a new pressure sensor , it seems to get to 29.5c and then just stops no pumps running, , I've tryed adjusting pressure sensor , as some times u get Flo on the display !if I unplug the regulation probe the temperature drops and everything works as it should ?? Unjust about ready to set fire to it now !!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Help needed with Arctic spa !!
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Help needed with Arctic spa !!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:22:07 pm »
What year is this thing? Is your temp sensor functioning properly? Maybe it thinks it's hot enough? Are your filters clean? Maybe unrelated?
Retired

Ashman555

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 05:25:35 pm »
I have replaced the regulation probe and still the same , if u unplug it the temp drops and everything works ok , think filter is ok , tryed with no filter in and it's the same 😡

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 05:29:48 pm »
I have replaced the regulation probe and still the same , if u unplug it the temp drops and everything works ok , think filter is ok , tryed with no filter in and it's the same 😡

When you say regulation probe, is this in a line someplace (freeze protection sensor) Or drilled into the wall of the tub? What year Arctic?
Retired

Ashman555

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:54 am »
It goes in a small hole in the bottom of the tub , if I unplug it everything works

Ashman555

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:21:40 am »
Think it's about 10 years old , it has a mspa pack

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 10:40:45 am »
That is the temperature sensor probe. It sounds like it is bad. Those are usually foamed in around it. If yours doesn't have foam around it, that could be why you are getting weird readings. But, if the probe is bad, I am pretty sure( I am not a spa tech) that you will need to dig the foam out, and replace the probe. And then, foam it back in from there.

I also think you can drain the tub, and possibly slide the front part of the probe out, and slide it into the receptacle, and then you might not have to dig all of the foam out.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

JacuzziJack

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 06:22:26 pm »
Is that the sensor that measures tub temps?

I guess if you knew the type of sensor it is, you could buy a replacement and dip it in the water for the short term until you get a chance to dig it out. At least see if it resolves your issues. Regardless, it wouldn't hurt, for future purposes to have a spare temp sensor around.

Temp sensors are pretty simple. It would be a good idea to find out, for now and in the future, what type of sensor your control board mfgr uses. There are a bunch of different types, from RTD's (e.g. Nickle, Platinum) to different types of thermisters. Usually companies choose one or the other based on price, and in the case of industry, performance. Generally a mfgr standardizes with a certain type of sensor and most likely whatever they use would be the same across the board for all of your sensors. Do some searching and you can probably find out that you need, for example, a 1000 ohm Platinum RTD. You could look up the temperature table of your sensor type and read the resistance with a multimeter and determine if it's working properly or has experienced 'drift'. Thermisters come in a couple different types (Type I, II, III), so you need to know Exactly which type it is. Sensors are used widely in HVAC and process equipment all the time and a bullet type sensor is pretty cheap. So, if you could find out from searching the web (or someone here knew) and you discovered they used a 1000 Platinum RTD, you could buy one off Ebay for a couple bucks or so depending on what you needed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1m-NTC-Thermistor-accuracy-temperature-sensor-10K-1-3950-Waterproof-Probe-NEW-C-/141975961974?hash=item210e6d4176:g:a7MAAOSwD0lUiAXY
and there are cheaper ones too. Even if you bought a spare or two from the HT supplier, or a web company, it would be good to have onhand to aid in future troubleshooting.

Here is a good resource if you scroll down to the Temperature sensor section:
http://www.kele.com/kele-technical-reference.aspx

Good luck with your issue.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 06:48:04 pm by JacuzziJack »

Ashman555

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 11:52:43 am »
Looks like it's a pcb fault , have tryed a new tempature regulation probe but still the same , it still cuts off at 29.5c
If I run it with the probe unplugged it works fine as it thinks the temperature is 2c !!!
Was thinking if I fit a adjustable resistor inline to the probe so it makes the tub think it's colder than it is so it warms up , but still cuts out  if it gets to hot !! Any ideas

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »
I am having a very hard time understanding you as I think you are calling some of the components the wrong name. Is there a local dealer in your area you can call for service? Your pressure switch- the round switch that threads into the heater might need to be adjusted. If the pump is running fine, but you are getting a FLO code, it is most likely the pressure switch, or the pressure switch cable. You could have a bad board possibly. I would call or go to your local dealer to discuss more maybe.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42