What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Manufacturers Leak testing  (Read 2541 times)

Starman

Manufacturers Leak testing
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »
Does anyone know whether manufacturers blow out the jets after leak testing their tubs in the factory or use sanitized water to prevent mold /biofilm growth before you get your tub??

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:40:03 pm by Starman »

Hot Tub Forum

Manufacturers Leak testing
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:04:44 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Manufacturers Leak testing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 07:49:27 pm »
Most use one giant vat (or something to that extent) to fill up the tub, then they use a big suction-draining device (or something to that extent) to empty the tub (back into the vat), and usually do not change the water for a very long time.  Most tubs don't get completely, 100% drained and water is left in parts of the plumbing.

However, the amount of water left in the tub generally will be diluted by the new fresh water, and whatever you use to sanitize it will take care of any potential issues.

This is my experience with carrying a few different manufacturers and seeing their production, as well as dealing with the customers after their purchases. 

However, I would like to hear if anyone else can chime in as to hear their experiences...

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:58:09 pm »
 Pretty much what I have seen also.     Its what could be done with the gene pool these days, it could use a little chlorine.. 

Starman

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:26 pm »
Pretty much what I have seen also.     Its what could be done with the gene pool these days, it could use a little chlorine..

So it is entirely possible mold could develop in the piping.. Probably a good idea to purge/clean even a new spa with aahsome 2x before using

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:51:51 am »
Marquis uses a chlorinator on all of the test tanks, and is able to take each spa and rotate dozens of times to get almost all water out of the plumbing prior to shipping.  Not sure how everyone else does it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:23 pm »
I'd imagine all the major manufacturers are similar in the way they reuse their water but treat properly so it can be used over and over in a loop. Even if the water left in your spa is well chlorinated it means nothing because that chlorine will be well gone by the time you get the spa so the key is to leave as little water in that spa as possible when its ready to ship by vacuuming it well, plumbing it so the water drains out as much as possible... In the end that water will be heavily diluted when you fill that first time so it should not matter much but some like to fill partially, drain and refill upon filling the first time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

JacuzziJack

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 11:08:24 am »
Also in their best interest to drain as well as possible because a little water left in the lines could (and probably would), result in possible freeze damage with a certain percentage of hot tubs during winter shipping/storage, which would mean warranty claims flowing back to the mfgr., or at the minimum some really angry dealers questioning why they should continue to sell their product.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 11:55:03 am »
I can say that Catalina Spas had a modified fork lift that would pick the spa up and spin it to get all possible water out of it.  For swim spas they'd use a fork on each end and tip one way, then the other to drain as best they could. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 11:55:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42