What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub not heating up, ready to give up trying.....  (Read 2383 times)

konrad

Hot tub not heating up, ready to give up trying.....
« on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:07 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm at my wits end, I have a Tiger River Caspian spa that quit heating a while ago.  I've since replaced the heater relay board (which was fried), both thermistors, and recently the heater.  I live in Iowa and the temps are dropping daily and I need help figuring this out.  Currently, when power is applied to the hot tub my display has "Ready" flashing.  According to the spa place in town, they tell me it is most likely a flow problem, however, the circulation pump is working and I believe I filled it up so there is no air lock but to ensure I had the air removed I opened the pipe around the pump.  I've run the pump for about 30 minutes, then reset by cutting power for about a minute. Still no heat.  When the cover of the iq2020 is removed I noticed there are two LEDs, one for LIM OK, which is green.  The other is HTR ON which when first powered on is red for about ten seconds then cuts out and isn't lit at all.  Any idea what is causing my problem?  I've searched the internet, watched videos, and still have no clue.  Is my iq2020 motherboard fried?  Any advice is much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
RIck 

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub not heating up, ready to give up trying.....
« on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:07 pm »

d00nut

Re: Hot tub not heating up, ready to give up trying.....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 04:10:50 pm »
Hey Rick,

based on what you said, it does sound like a flow issue.

If the heater on light goes on, then turns off, it's because there isn't enough flow going through the heater that it cuts power.  Have you tried to run your hot tub without your filter?  If not, take the filter out, restart the hot tub.  If you circ pump is working, but is starved because of the filter, that could be your problem.

Your jet pump has nothing to do with the heater, so running that will have no impact on whether your spa heater will start working or not.

I'd bet money it's a filter or your circ pump.  90% of all no heat calls are related to filters being to old/clogged.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 06:13:25 pm »
Either go with d00nut said and try to run the spa without the filter, if that doesn't work and you are in the Des Moines area call the local dealer, they've been servicing Hot Spring since the 80's and have a knowledgeable service staff.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 06:13:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42