What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with Cal Spa  (Read 1883 times)

ericjkelly

Help with Cal Spa
« on: December 04, 2016, 05:19:58 pm »
Bought a hot tub off of craigslist…went to the owners house where it worked perfect.   Now I have it at my house.

I have a Cal Spa 5200.     It was delivered the other day.  I quickly filled it up and attempted to run it.    I realized that I had a good air lock.

So….I started to loosen the spit nut….and broke one.   No problem right.      Then my hand slipped and I broke off one of the safety suction sensors  .  I am doing great huh.

So I sealed the leak on the sensor and disconnected it from the board. 

Got the airlock out….the jets started flowing but all along I couldn’t do much with the top control panel.   Pushing the buttons really did nothing.

No heat light on…but the hot tub warmed from 45 to 65 degrees this evening.     The all of a sudden the pump started to turn off and on about every second.   On…off…on…off

Then the control panel would start clicking…almost ticking.

So I turned it off .

Can you help?  Any advice?   

Here is a video of what it is doing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAcQkqojLNM&feature=youtu.be

Hot Tub Forum

Help with Cal Spa
« on: December 04, 2016, 05:19:58 pm »

JacuzziJack

Re: Help with Cal Spa
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:25:39 am »
If you haven't done so already, double-check the wiring connections. Make sure they are not corroded and are seated properly and all the wires going into the connectors are not partly pulled out. Look over the main circuit board carefully for dark or burnt areas. You might even have to look in the back. I've read where some of the solder connections on the boards can come loose, or weren't soldered well enough from the factory. There are some youtube videos on this, might try doing a search.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 01:05:36 pm »
Make sure both safety suctions are disconnected from the circuit board.  The pump pulsating could be from a stuck button on the control panel assuming the water level is ok and the filter is clean.  If you unplug the control panel from the circuit board and the pump stops pulsating, then that was your issue.  If the spa is not heating, it is likely a different issue.  If the pump turns on fine on low speed then we can assume that the pump is not the reason for it not heating.  Could be a pressure switch, but you should get a "FLO", or similar error code on your control panel if that is the issue.  Then I would look at either the circuit board or heater as the issue.  Make sure first that the water level is good and that the filter is clean.

ericjkelly

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »
Thanks for the all help!

Both safety suctions are unplugged.   I also unplugged the control panel and got the same issue.   No flo....no messages on the board except normal temp etc.     

All i get now is the issue you can see in the video.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 04:46:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42