What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How often do you really use your hot tub?  (Read 8386 times)

chai32

How often do you really use your hot tub?
« on: November 26, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »
We are pretty much sold on the Hot Springs Vanguard model, but the price is so steep! I've heard from quite a few people with hot tubs that they are never really in them. I would hope to use mine at least 2 times a week! How often do you actually use yours and how long have you had it? I guess when the novelty wears off people slack on getting in.

Hot Tub Forum

How often do you really use your hot tub?
« on: November 26, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: How often do you really use your hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 08:55:06 pm »
I have had a hot tub actually a few different hot tubs for about 10-11 years. I don't go in as much as I did when I first got it but typically go in 3-4 times a week still. More in the winter much less in the summer. I use my pool more in he summer

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 11:42:30 pm »
We've had several Hot Spring spas since 2006 and it is used almost daily by someone in the family.  When we sold our house last summer and moved into our current home, we had to leave our Grandee behind.    :'(     It took me 16 months, but I finally just bought another Hot Spring, this time a Vanguard.  It has been a looooong 16 months!!  We love our tub and will never be without one again.  The guy I bought it from said his family didn't use it much.  I told him it seems like people either love them or don't.  People that love them use them a lot.  For others, it is a novelty that wears off and the tub sits there. 
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Redterpos3

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 09:04:15 pm »
First 2 months we were in almost every day (5-6x/wk), now we are getting a bit more into regular life and not as much the "newness" factor and its more like 2-4x/wk.  Still nice though!!   8)

Gibs

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 07:05:31 pm »
Had our Bullfrog A7 since May and continue to use it a lot. Love it. We definitely used it more the first couple weeks than after that, but it is used regularly by either the adults or kids throughout the week. Best purchase ever is something I tell the wife when we use it.

Gib

K9JCA

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:44:26 am »
Unless on vacation or lightning in the area, daily (Hot Spring).

GGRANDEE

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 03:29:02 pm »
3-4 times a week in the winter. A little less in the summer. Had to convince the wife to purchase and she still tells everyone it was the absolute best investment ever!! Friend of mine has a smaller, cheaper hot tub and it just sits next to his pool. He too, told me the novelty would wear off and we wouldn't use it. Well, I'm thinking to myself> he doesn't own a HS Grandee!!  :)
We love our tub!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 09:51:50 pm »
Generally twice a day.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 11:44:59 pm »
Almost every night.  If not, it's because I'm traveling.

The key is put the thing close to your home, close to a door, and get in a routine.  Like I routinely fall asleep in my spa from about 11pm-12am... and it's awesome.  I don't drink in my hot tub, so I am not afraid of passing out and never waking up ;)

dertl

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:28 pm »
I have had my Hot Springs Prodigy for 3 months now and I am in it almost everyday. I don't know how I did without. I can not see for any reason why my enjoyment frequency would ever change. ;D

JaxSAH

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 09:53:00 pm »
I bought a Hot Springs Sovereign hot tub in June 1999.
It is used a lot.  During the summer, maybe once every 10 days (depending on how sore my muscles are), but once the temperature gets in the 70s and below (Florida), I am in it at least 3 times a week. 
I do not think I could live without a hot tub.

JacuzziJack

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 10:38:58 am »
Well, if you or someone in the house are handy and have the appropriate tools, there are tons of used hot tubs on Craigslist around here. Should be able to get a decent used one that runs find for somewhere between $500 - $1000. There are a lot of free ones, but they generally need work or may not run (which could also be a good deal potentially). Just tip it upright, strap er onto a snowmobile trailer, tip it back down and bring her home. But if you're not that handy, probably makes more sense to forego the hassles and learning curve and go with the H/S you are looking at, have it installed and just enjoy it with (hopefully) peace of mind and few problems.

I like the tips of having it installed as close to the house and possible, and getting into a routine. I looked at a bunch of used hot tubs a while ago and talked to a good number of owners, all good people. They basically said the same thing and it was the people who had their hot tub on, or just off their deck, right out the door that seemed to use theirs the most.

Ductordoc

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »
We have always used our hot tub at least 5 days a week. We have owned a hot tub (2 HS and 1 Jacuzzi) for about 22 years. We have a new Marquis Epic arriving within 2 weeks. Now that we are retired we generally use the tub in the morning before stretching and exercising and again at night before bed.

JacuzziJack

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 11:59:58 pm »
Now that we are retired we generally use the tub in the morning before stretching and exercising and again at night before bed.

Now THAT sounds like the sweeeeet life!   :)

TheSunshyn

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 04:28:46 am »
I have used my Caldera Tahitian at least 1-2 times a day for the past 15 years. 102-104 steady heat and water buoyancy brings down constant, soft-tissue muscle spasms like nothing else I've managed to find. Hence my spa is my #1 painkiller.
I don't always use jets, though, because the vibrations and movement of the water can aggravate my condition so I tend to reserve those for actively working on stiff, sore muscles or for enjoying the spa with others.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 04:28:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42