What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: topside controller sumatran tiger river spa  (Read 4805 times)

mackay

topside controller sumatran tiger river spa
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »
Just bought a used sumatran tiger river spa topside control panel lights up when pluged in and displays temperature however I can not adjust the temp with the button, or turn on the light, or run the jets? any ideas? are the buttons themselves likely bad, i thought it strange that all buttons were unresponsive. Are there any replacement topside control panels I can use rather than the OEM piece (sine the price is about $400.00.

Could there be another culprit for this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Drew

Hot Tub Forum

topside controller sumatran tiger river spa
« on: October 27, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »

scoobywagon02

Re: topside controller sumatran tiger river spa
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:25:42 pm »
Does it look like there is a little pad lock lit up in the control panel? The spa may be locked. I would download the owner's manual to rule it out.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:52:09 pm »
Of course make sure you confirm the topside control is not "locked" by referencing the "unlock" sequence in the owners manual

I think the last year of Tiger River was 2007 so a lot of them are obsolete, but here is a link to a site that specializes in Watkins parts, as you can see there are a couple of them still for sale which may be the panel you need but most are obsolete: http://www.backyardplus.com/control-panels-tiger-river-spas.php I have never seen someone make an aftermarket Watkins control top, especially for a brand that has been obsolete for 9+ years but you can certainly use Google to look around.  Good Luck!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »
Of course make sure you confirm the topside control is not "locked" by referencing the "unlock" sequence in the owners manual

I think the last year of Tiger River was 2007 so a lot of them are obsolete, but here is a link to a site that specializes in Watkins parts, as you can see there are a couple of them still for sale which may be the panel you need but most are obsolete: http://www.backyardplus.com/control-panels-tiger-river-spas.php I have never seen someone make an aftermarket Watkins control top, especially for a brand that has been obsolete for 9+ years but you can certainly use Google to look around.  Good Luck!

And I wonder if an older HS topside would work if you needed a part? Or even controls and pumps for that matter? Do some research there's a lot of similarities in some of those. No offense HS guys, still overpriced.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 07:31:35 pm »

And I wonder if an older HS topside would work if you needed a part? Or even controls and pumps for that matter? Do some research there's a lot of similarities in some of those. No offense HS guys, still overpriced.

The "Limelight Collection" they build has a topside that is very very close in size/form and shouldt "fit the hole" but because Watkins seems to have a lot of revisions on their main control boards I highly doubt the electronics will play nicely together...that panel is $320 from backyardplus: http://www.backyardplus.com/control-panels-limelight-spas.php but I would def. get a second opinion from someone who services/repair Hot Springs on a regular basis

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 07:36:27 pm »

The "Limelight Collection" they build has a topside that is very very close in size/form and shouldt "fit the hole" but because Watkins seems to have a lot of revisions on their main control boards I highly doubt the electronics will play nicely together...that panel is $320 from backyardplus: http://www.backyardplus.com/control-panels-limelight-spas.php but I would def. get a second opinion from someone who services/repair Hot Springs on a regular basis

Cha-ching
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 07:36:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42