What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spot SX circulation pump  (Read 2591 times)

Budzee

Hot Spot SX circulation pump
« on: October 26, 2016, 05:30:25 pm »
I'm new to the forum....My wife and I just purchased a Hot Spot SX. After an extensive search, we found it to be just what we were looking for, and really love it. The only problem is that when we had the optional circulation pump installed, we lost the lower jet speed. Is this a necessary trade-off?  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spot SX circulation pump
« on: October 26, 2016, 05:30:25 pm »

Sam

Re: Hot Spot SX circulation pump
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 07:22:52 pm »
A single speed pump will last significantly longer than a dual speed and is less expensive.  The only reason companies offer a 2 speed is if it's needed for filtration.  I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but this is my understanding of the situation.  You could probably buy a 2 speed pump and put it in.  It may require some sort of dipswitch setting be changed.  Not sure if that would work on a HS but most balboa and gecko packs can do it (i believe).

Budzee

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:21 pm »
Good info...thanks Sam.....we'll monkey with the jets/air intake and see what we can do about varying the jets instead of looking to add another "speed.". Definitely gonna stick with the single speed pump based on this knowledge.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:12:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42