What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing down thoughts on Dimension One Aurora, Jacuzzi J325 or JXL, or Marquis  (Read 7257 times)

martialtubber

I have a D1 dealer very close to my house offering a D1 Aurora for $9600.  Does not have Wifi or stereo but upgraded cabinet wood and and stainless steel jets.  I really like this tub but I have family who has a Marquis Hollywood which was about $4000 less than this tub.  I can get a similar deal on that tub as well but being in a colder climate (Packers country) and the spa being outside I was looking for full rodent barrier and full insulation. 

I also stumbled into a Jacuzzi dealer and really liked the J325.  The J325 had water in it so I could wet test the D1 dealer is not hooked up but they have others there.  The Jacuzzi dealer seemed like they were going to deal.  I realize Jacuzzi and D1 are built in the same facility, so looking for some feedback here on if the D1 is a good deal or not and worth the price difference over Marquis?

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I don't think the Marquis and the D1 match up good. While there are other Marquis that would match up better, the D1 IMO will out perform the Celebrity series from Marquis.

Worth the difference? Only you can answer that. Jacuzzi 400's are better lined up with the Aurora. Is that the best deal the D1 guy will give you? What do you get with that? What about the no lounge Nautilus? I recommend if you want a lounge you must wet test.
Retired

martialtubber

Any comments on the D1 Aurora price?  We are heading back over today.  Also any comments from people that have this tub if they like it or not.

Thanks

Sam

That price is right where it should be for an Aurora.  I agree with Tman that the D1 is in a different class than the Marquis.  By a long shot.  That D1 is a top of the line spa whereas the Marquis is their entry level.  There is no comparison at all.

castletonia

I'm a Marquis dealer but will agree with the others.  You are looking at an entry level Marquis vs a higher end D1, not a fair comparison.  Where is Wisconsin are you?  I'm up in Appleton, so I'm guessing you are not near me since I don't have D1 up here.  If you're in the Milwaukee area, you should have 3 Marquis dealers within a 60-90 minute drive so I would think you could find something like either a Reward which is a much better comparison to the Aurora or even an e-545.  If you are getting a Hollywood for $5500, you are getting a good price though.

MarKee

I agree with everyone's comments.  I would try out the Marquis Reward, Marquis Epic, or Marquis E-545 at the dealer in your area.

martialtubber

I am around Milwaukee. My brother has a Celebrity Hollywood hence the comparison, but that price was $5800.  My wife had a little sticker shock so I may need to scale it back down a little bit. I talked to a Marquis dealer so will head down there later this week and see what he has in stock and can check out. 

Do you guys think the difference from say a $5800 celebrity or say a $8000 D1 dream vs the D1 Aurora is worth the up charge?

MarKee

It really depends on what you're going to be using the hot tub for.  The Hollywood is a good tub for the price.  It has powerful jets, comfortable seating, perimeter LED lighting, water feature, and is one of the most reliable tubs on the market.  I've sold many Hollywoods to million dollar homes. It doesn't have a full foam insulation, so it may cost a little bit but more to run.  Average energy cost on the Hollywood is around $20 a month, with Wisconsin weather I would imagine it would cost $30-40 a month, but I don't know the energy cost in Wisconsin.  The D1 energy figures are based off of a really low Kw hour cost so I would not take those seriously.  They are basing off of a .07 cost per Kw hour, whereas the Marquis figures are basing off of a .11 per Kw hour.  If energy cost is a going to be a factor, you can go to the Marquis E-545 which is the identical layout to the Hollywood, but upgraded in several areas, and it would still be a bit less money than the Aurora.  Also, it's made in the US if that matters to you.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:20:19 pm by MarKee »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
I am around Milwaukee. My brother has a Celebrity Hollywood hence the comparison, but that price was $5800.  My wife had a little sticker shock so I may need to scale it back down a little bit. I talked to a Marquis dealer so will head down there later this week and see what he has in stock and can check out. 

Do you guys think the difference from say a $5800 celebrity or say a $8000 D1 dream vs the D1 Aurora is worth the up charge?

Your not getting the same quality, warranty and features on a 5800 dollar tub versus a 8-9000 dollar tub that's for sure. But that may not matter to you.
Retired

martialtubber

Thanks. Will try to hit Marquis dealer but leaning towards the D1 Aurora as of now.  It sure is a lot of money but hope that extra is worth it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Thanks. Will try to hit Marquis dealer but leaning towards the D1 Aurora as of now.  It sure is a lot of money but hope that extra is worth it.

Walk in to the dealer and look it over again. Have the dealer take the panel off and look under the hood. Tell him you have narrowed your search and this one is still in the running. This will give you an idea of how accommodating the dealer is. Hopefully he sees your serious. Tell him if you have to.

Wet test would be nice but if it can't happen it can't happen. That's a lot of dough to not try it, did you? After you look it over ask him if he has any room to move because your choices are coming down to price. And they are all close. But he's to much. If he can't come down, leave him your number and tell him your deciding next week, in case he changes his mind. Maybe you can wet test a Marquis, Jacuzzi? They all have comparable models.
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

If those are the exact models you are comparing then in my opinion NO..That D1 model for 8k is not the greatest value imo, if that is the "type/size" of spa you are looking for I would look at the J200 collection from Jacuzzi, the Rhythm/Relay from Hot Springs/Hot Spot as a better alternative simply because you are getting a very similar spa (7' x 7', 30-40 jets, 2 pumps, etc etc) and I've seen both of the above mentioned models sell in the $5,800 - $6,800 range fully loaded up.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke

If those are the exact models you are comparing then in my opinion NO..That D1 model for 8k is not the greatest value imo, if that is the "type/size" of spa you are looking for I would look at the J200 collection from Jacuzzi, the Rhythm/Relay from Hot Springs/Hot Spot as a better alternative simply because you are getting a very similar spa (7' x 7', 30-40 jets, 2 pumps, etc etc) and I've seen both of the above mentioned models sell in the $5,800 - $6,800 range fully loaded up.

The dream at 8 K is to much. The Aurora should be closer to there IMO 8500
Retired

martialtubber

Yes I felt like they weren't negotiating much at all.  The 'cash' price was $9400 on D1 Aurora.  So what I am hearing is that should be closer to $8500.  Again it has upgraded wood outside, stainless jets and that is about it.  No stereo or wifi control.  They said it is already bargain basement because it was on some sort of truck sale left over. 

There is another dealer in fond du lac I am going to try and call today that sells D1 and Marquis.  They are about 45 minutes away and a Bullfrog dealer is about 30 minutes away.

Having to spend more than expected on a brick paver patio / sidewalk combo for it if I can save $1000 that goes a long way.

So what were the comparable Jacuzzi models?  You said the 200 series but someone said I should be looking at the 400 series, what about JXL?  Purchase kind of needs to be made in the next few day.

mpkelley20

Don't forget the cost of the electrical if you need it.  Average from what I hear is over $1000. 

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42