What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is this called?  (Read 6797 times)

Ericcarr

Re: What is this called?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 05:37:59 pm »
So could I just bypass this with s straight piece of hose?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 05:37:59 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 05:57:57 pm »
The longer the ozone is in contact with water the better it works. If you bypass it and use simply hose it will shorten the length. Thereby reducing O3 molecules effectiveness at killing bacteria. Is it leaking? Measure it out and put that much hose in, but it's messier. Do you rely on ozone? How old is the O3 generator? What method do you use to sanitize? What kind of filtration system?

Lot going on here but yes you could bypass it.
Retired

Ericcarr

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 07:05:59 pm »
Ok I understand that, but do you suppose I could just bypass that chamber with a piece of hose?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 07:17:16 pm »
Ok I understand that, but do you suppose I could just bypass that chamber with a piece of hose?

Yes absolutely! 

Ericcarr

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 08:10:02 pm »
yes I found s leak, the plastic had a crack in it.  The tub itself is probably 6 years old.  As far as the sanitizing, were planning on trying out this new chemical called silk and seeing how it works.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
yes I found s leak, the plastic had a crack in it.  The tub itself is probably 6 years old.  As far as the sanitizing, were planning on trying out this new chemical called silk and seeing how it works.

Silk Balance? If so save your time and money...its a high margin product that doesn't do much, it's not a sanitizer, it doesn't balance pH or clean filters.  It's mineral based and softens the water a bit but is completely unnecessary and doesn't really replace any of the traditional chemicals you'll need

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42