What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs vs Clearwater  (Read 9000 times)

Starman

Hot Springs vs Clearwater
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:49:49 pm »
I have narrowed my search down to these two, I like the Clearwater because of the construction no wood,not foam filled easier to find leaks and longer warranty 3 pumps plus circ

I like the dealer for Hotsprings and am considering the Grandee NXT or Envoy NXT they don't have as many jets as tghe clearwater and not too many postions have leg jets. I like their control system.  HS has 2 pumps plus circ

both appear to have good 100% filtration Hotsprings claims you only have to change the water yearly, Clearwater 3 or 4 x a year.

The other spas I considered is the Marquis but the dealer is 60 miles away the other two dealers  service my area about 20 miles away.

Please let me know about the construction of the Clearwater tradition  or orlando models  vs the hotsprings and full foam vs not and no wood. I am in Florida so cold is not a big issue

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs vs Clearwater
« on: October 21, 2016, 08:49:49 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Springs vs Clearwater
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:56 pm »
Hot springs and it's not even close. HS is going to be a lot more energy efficient and a lot more therapeutic. Clearwater has some neat ideas but there quality control is pitiful

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 10:33:52 pm »
I have an Envoy (not NXT) and I love it.  I  I think Marquis and Hot Springs (in terms of quality of the product and the company) are head and shoulders above Clearwater.

The NXT doesn't have any wood either except for the cover lifter spot.

As far as water changes, the year claim is only for the salt system.  If you aren't on that, it's going to be similar to any other spa (3-6 months depending on use)

Starman

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:01:09 pm »
What about Maax? I would prefer a non foam filled spa for easier leak resolution?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 11:04:18 pm »
I missed the Marquis sentence at the end. I own a marquis resort (and sell Marquis) and they also blow Clearwater out of the water in terms of quality and longevity. I would find the right marquis or hot spring and test both and as long as the dealer is willing to service you (Marquis dealer who is farther away) I would choose from those two options. Jet pressure on Marquis is 2nd to nobody. Hot Spring is also a great tub.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »
I'm a big Marquis fan but do yourself a favor and do the HotSpring or Marquis over the Clearwater. Two top-tier brands vs. a mediocre quality and service brand. Good luck in your search!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 08:17:38 am »
I have narrowed my search down to these two, I like the Clearwater because of the construction no wood,not foam filled easier to find leaks and longer warranty 3 pumps plus circ

I like the dealer for Hotsprings and am considering the Grandee NXT or Envoy NXT they don't have as many jets as tghe clearwater and not too many postions have leg jets. I like their control system.  HS has 2 pumps plus circ

both appear to have good 100% filtration Hotsprings claims you only have to change the water yearly, Clearwater 3 or 4 x a year.

The other spas I considered is the Marquis but the dealer is 60 miles away the other two dealers  service my area about 20 miles away.

Please let me know about the construction of the Clearwater tradition  or orlando models  vs the hotsprings and full foam vs not and no wood. I am in Florida so cold is not a big issue

No insulation, bad thing (cost an arm and a leg to run). I'm on my third metal bbq grill on the same wooden deck.
Retired

Starman

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 08:37:08 am »
What?? they all have insulation

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 10:16:19 am »

They do have perimeter insulation. Not very well done in my opinion. Climb in one empty and listen for all the creeks and see how much the shell moves around. Or even push down on a corner. The hole thing will move around like jello

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »

You said it was an open cabinet (easy to fix plumbing is how it's sold) That almost always means very little insulation.
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 09:00:45 pm »
What about Maax? I would prefer a non foam filled spa for easier leak resolution?

Maybe those spas make it easier to fix a leak because they are far more likely to leak?   ;D

It's generally a bad idea to choose a spa based on the type of insulation they use.  You are looking a Top-tier spa (Hot Spring,) a middle of the road spa (Maax,) and a no tier spa (in my opinion, in Clearwater.)

That holds more merit over insulation types. 

Sam

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »
Clearwater used to be a decent brand but over the last few years their quality has gone to crap.  There is no comparison between a Clearwater and a Hot Spring with regard to quality.

Also, as far as not wanting full foam......All of the top most reputable manufacturers do full foam and have been doing so since the 1970's.  There's a reason for that.  It may be just a little easier to fix a leak in a clearwater, but you will likely have a lot more leaks than you would with the H.S.   The H.S. will be much more efficient as well.  The foam also supports the plumbing and dampens vibration. 

Honestly, in this situation the Hot Spring is a no-brainer in my opinion.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42