What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looks like a Bullfrog A7 or A7L. Having a hard time deciding  (Read 7858 times)

Smack528i

Looks like a Bullfrog A7 or A7L. Having a hard time deciding
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »
Love both spas. Seems like the A7 has more space but wonder if the lounger would be enjoyed more than the extra corner seat in the non lounger. What are the opinions of dealers that see these and test them more than I have been able to.

Hot Tub Forum

Looks like a Bullfrog A7 or A7L. Having a hard time deciding
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:43:15 pm »

DKRanger22

Re: Looks like a Bullfrog A7 or A7L. Having a hard time deciding
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:58:06 pm »
Don't take the dealers word.  Test for yourself.   Loungers are very much dependent upon the individual and how you fit in them.  I wouldn't buy a tub with a lounger without first having spent a decent amount of time in it.

For what it's worth, the majority of people that buy a lounger in their first tub end up forgoing one on their second tub.  Again, very subjective.

Take my word for what it's worth.  I'm a lowly, non-dealer newbie.

Edited to add:  I was dead set on a lounger initially, and after wet testing, ended up with a Bullfrog R8 (non-lounger).  Only you can decide for yourself.  Don't leave it up to anyone else.

Smack528i

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »
I was able to wet test an A8L. The 7 Dry there was no 7L on the floor.  I liked that if I have the whole family we all have a corner seat that is nice and the lounger was hard to stay put in but like the normal corner seat. I think over time the non lounger would be best. Thanks

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:15:52 pm »
In my opinion, the lounger seems nice at first, but I do think you lounge in pretty much every seat.  If you are unable to wet test, I think the safer bet is no-lounge.

39lasalle

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:59:18 pm »
We went with the A7L as I wanted the lounge. It is that simple.   Now, our situation is, it is only my wife and myself.   We do not have kids and no kids are in our future.   Also, we have no plans to ever invite anyone over to get in the hot tub with us so there is plenty of room!  If we had a larger family our choice may have been different, who knows.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »
I have a double lounge tub and love it. It's all about how you fit in the seats though. Some tubs with lounges I hate others I love. Definetely wouldn't buy one without a wet test

Tummy54

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »
Bought an A7 last year, with the stereo. Nothing but problems with the speakers. 4 service calls, still not working properly.

I would'nt suggest wasting the money, its a defective system. Hope Bullfrog stands by their product and fixes the mess.

39lasalle

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 09:36:02 pm »
Not sure how you made out but we have had our A7L for about 3weeks now and are enjoying it often.   When we were lookin, my wife was figuring on never having a chance to sit in the lounger, thinking I would be there al the time!    Actually she is there most of the time as I really like the one deep seat with the oscillator pack beating my lower back.      I do still get a little time in the lounger and do enjoy it very much with the rain shower pack.

Again though, just my wife and myself

twodogs02

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 11:01:10 am »
Here my take on a lounger since we have one (Sundance Cameo).  It takes up a lot of space that's the biggest negative, so if you have a bunch of bathers wanting to use the tub at the same time, a lounger restricts this.  I prefer corner seats but like the lounger when I want the jets working the top of my neck (easier to get lower in a lounger than a corner seat without floating).  If you prefer air over water then you should like the lounger as I don't think loungers give an intense massage.

The misses loves the lounger since she soaks for 45 plus minutes and doesn't like a lot of force.  As others have said, wet test, we did and then went searching for a used tub that met both our preferences.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:02:46 am by twodogs02 »

Racenut

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
I've heard this more than once... "First time buyers will get a lounge, repeat buyers generally dont"

And that holds true for us.  Our first tub had a lounge that seemed nice at first, but then rarely used and made it essentially a 3 person tub instead of 4.  Our new tub is an R7 and we don't miss the lounge at all.

Gibs

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 02:39:08 pm »
I was originally going for an A7L, but decided after getting into a different brand lounge model that I wanted the extra seats in the tub instead of the lounger and got the A7. Been great so far!

411rocket

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:25 pm »
I've heard this more than once... "First time buyers will get a lounge, repeat buyers generally dont"

And that holds true for us.  Our first tub had a lounge that seemed nice at first, but then rarely used and made it essentially a 3 person tub instead of 4.  Our new tub is an R7 and we don't miss the lounge at all.

Guess, I might be an exception to the rule...... I replaced an 21 yr old lounger (bought new), with a single neck jet in the lounger spot & seven jets total. I had decided early this year to replace the old one & spent a few months considering my options, but I wanted another lounger. In my area, I had the choice of hydro H2O Spa, or Beachcomber & went with the better known make.

I had passed up on a Beachcomber 720 Anniversary Edition, which was in stock locally & ordered an 725 Anniversary Edition. The 720 was without Lounger & 725 has the Lounger. I am in the lounger half the time per soaking, using the position with the 6 pack of back jets, the other half. I also use the other spots on occasion, if I have someone over.

Over all, it is  personal choice on budget, make, model, features, lounger or no lounger included.

Edit: Correction
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:18:01 am by 411rocket »

Smack528i

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 03:30:26 pm »
So I took delivery 2 weeks ago.  Everything went off without a hitch and I was soaking that night around 11:30PM in 94 degree bliss..  That 1st soak was like magic, power, comfort and flexibility.  Since then, I've been in at least once per day, many times twice.  I now have it set at 104 and LOVE the tub.  I am still awaiting 3 jet packs but have 3 that are the best of the ones that were in the model they had in stock (Alleviate, Wellness and Oscillator)  I'm getting Neck Blaster, Deep Relief and Versa.  I decided against the lounge so I had more room and honestly form any of the corner seats I can lounge anyways...

I've struggled to get TA up, but think I have that now perfect,  ph was high but also feel I have that good now as well.  Conflicting info from dealer and some of the videos I saw regarding the Ozone and Circ Pump.  Dealer thought that ran 24/7... customer support says only when you set filter cycles and heating mode.  I also notice in some videos the A900 panel shows when ozone is on, mine doesn't (2015 model).  I'm running the Circ Pump / filter at 6Am & 6PM for 4 hours each.  Considering upping that after some trials...or based on any expert advice here.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 06:14:58 pm »
So I took delivery 2 weeks ago.  Everything went off without a hitch and I was soaking that night around 11:30PM in 94 degree bliss..  That 1st soak was like magic, power, comfort and flexibility.  Since then, I've been in at least once per day, many times twice.  I now have it set at 104 and LOVE the tub.  I am still awaiting 3 jet packs but have 3 that are the best of the ones that were in the model they had in stock (Alleviate, Wellness and Oscillator)  I'm getting Neck Blaster, Deep Relief and Versa.  I decided against the lounge so I had more room and honestly form any of the corner seats I can lounge anyways...

I've struggled to get TA up, but think I have that now perfect,  ph was high but also feel I have that good now as well.  Conflicting info from dealer and some of the videos I saw regarding the Ozone and Circ Pump.  Dealer thought that ran 24/7... customer support says only when you set filter cycles and heating mode.  I also notice in some videos the A900 panel shows when ozone is on, mine doesn't (2015 model).  I'm running the Circ Pump / filter at 6Am & 6PM for 4 hours each.  Considering upping that after some trials...or based on any expert advice here.

Great to hear! That Oscillator and Wellness are 2 of my personal favs as well...happy soaking!

Gibs

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 07:54:01 am »

I struggled at first to get the water right but now use a spa frog. It keeps my water right on where it should be with minimal work from me. I am gone every other week for work so it is nice to have something that continually keeps the water right. Glad to hear you like the A7.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 07:54:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42