What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub TV  (Read 2702 times)

uvmskier

Hot Tub TV
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:06 pm »
I've been wanting to watch TV out at my hot tub and next to my pool.  We used to bring a TV, cable, and power to my parents pool.  This got more complicated once you needed a cable box to tune the channels.  I came up with the idea of connecting a TV, a western digital live streaming player, and my sling box.  I built the stand you see in the images from 2x4s and plywood.  The top disconnects from the bottom to make it easier to move.  All I need to connect is power.

I envision leaving the bottom outside near the pool in the summer.  I will probably get a year or two before it weathers too much.  I'll probably have to rebuild with pressure treated lumber.

I used it this afternoon for an hour or so and it seems to work well.  Now I just need to get a bigger TV :).  This is one I had in my basement from our old house.  Let me know if you have questions.

http://imgur.com/a/7xxVm

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub TV
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:06 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tub TV
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »
Nice little setup....Last thing I want to do when I'm in my hot tub is watch TV though!

uvmskier

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:45:54 am »
It's not so much wanting to watch TV while in the hot tub.  It's more like I'm watching the TV and I want to be in the hot tub ;).  I'm thinking specifically about the NFL in the fall and baseball out by the pool in the summer.

glenpod

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:38:59 am »
Nothing like watching a game in a hot tub....if I knew how to post pics, I'd share.  That is how I plan to watch most Thur/Sun/Mon night games! - Nice set improvised set up there!

mpkelley20

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:06:06 pm »
My plan is to use a waterproof case with my Ipad and a waterproof Bluetooth speaker that will sit on the edge of the tub.  I have the Xfinity app so can stream live TV/on demand/DVR pretty easily.  It's not exactly a 50" TV but for the 15-30 minutes I'll be in the tub, it will do the trick. 

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:37 am »
Here's how we do it. 8) purchased the stand for @$100. Using wireless TV receiver.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Peter_Mannino/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:57:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42