What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: GFCI breaker tripping  (Read 3202 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
GFCI breaker tripping
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »
I have a 2002 Sundance Cameo.  A couple of weeks ago my circulation pump went out   I replaced with the E10.  Then my GFCI would trip after several hours.  Unhooked the heater and still tripped.  Would run without pump connected.  I got a new pump and it ran for a couple of days and tripped again.  I been using tub everyday.  Went a couple more days and tripped again.  I just went out and unhooked heater again and tripped again.  Looks like may have been when filter cycle started.  I at a loss.  I guess could call a service tech.  It can take days for it to trip now and not sure how they will charge me for that.  I wonder if I should replace the breaker I wonder if I should replace the breaker since it tripped so many times on that first pump.  It is a siemens 50amp GFCI in the main breaker box.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:31:06 pm by brian_tr »

Hot Tub Forum

GFCI breaker tripping
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: GFCI breaker tripping
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »
I went out and cycle circulation pump off and on raising and lower temp.  The third time it tried to come on the breaker tripped.  What would cause that?

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:11 am »
Seems like my tub just does not like these new E10 pumps.  It is slow to start like it needs a starting cap or something.  It seems like it is either the pumps or something on the board.  When it kicks the breaker it is when it just starts to turn the pump on.  Can hear the relay click and than dies.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:15:17 pm by brian_tr »

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:26:31 am »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:14:17 pm by brian_tr »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:59:20 pm »
Are you sure the board is compatible with the upgraded pump?
Retired

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 05:22:04 am »
It is suppose to be a direct replacement for the older model.  I have a tech coming out Friday.  I really think I managed to get two bad pumps  or pump not compatible.  Both of them had a service sticker on them that I thought was strange.  Tech had me unhook pump and turn off and on with the temperature like I was getting it to trip before.  Did not trip.  Maybe this new pumps need to be hooked to a system that uses neutral wire.  Hope tech gets figured out.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:28:03 am by brian_tr »

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:48 am »
Service tech had me replace the breaker since it had been tripped so many times.  He set the pump to run 24 hours.  It only trips about the third or fourth time the pump tries to come on.  Once it is on the 24 hour cycle it probably won't trip now.  Will see how it goes. 

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »
If its that erratic I would say you have a loose wire somewhere! As the unit runs the wires get hot and trip. I would also look for moisture around the pump. If it continues then try another pump...don't chance it through the winter

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42