What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help deciding between a Sundance Cameo and Jacuzzi J375  (Read 5379 times)

Murcie355

Need help deciding between a Sundance Cameo and Jacuzzi J375
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the spa world and was hoping to get some good advice from anyone that might be familiar with either of these spas. I was quoted on the Jacuzzi J375 $10k w/tax to include cover, lift cover, delivery and steps. Was also quoted $11,200 on a sundance Cameo to include the same extras. We want a spa for hydrotherapy. I lean toward the cameo for the hip jets and prefer the lounge feature thats in both. The sundance dealer said their Cameo model is more comparable to jacuzzi's J465 model. He also said the Jacuzzi J375 was more comparable to the sundance Hamilton which he priced at $8200. I welcome anyones opinion on the spas mentioned and whether the pricing I was given on both spas sounds like a great deal. Does anyone own one of these spas and how does the pricing sound? Thank you so much for the input.

Hot Tub Forum

Need help deciding between a Sundance Cameo and Jacuzzi J375
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:52:01 pm »

HotTub9707

Re: Need help deciding between a Sundance Cameo and Jacuzzi J375
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:36:21 pm »
Hi!  You're looking at 2 great tubs.  I recently purchased a hot tub for the first time, and indeed the Cameo and J-375 were among my final contenders.  Like you, hydrotherapy is important for me.  Being a cyclist and long-distance runner, I need good foot massage and calf massage...and I soon found that the models with a lounge seat were very therapeutic for me.  I loved the Cameo but it had 2 major drawbacks for me:  the lounger eats up 2 corner seats, and the spa quickly gets cramped if you're having more than 4 people in it.  I turned my attention to the J-375, which solves the Cameo's first problem by still having 3 corner seats along with the lounger.  But for me the foot jets in the lounger were too small and not strong enough for much-needed foot therapy.  I was quoted pricing of $8,700 for the J-375 and $10,000 for the Cameo, before tax.  Not quite satisfied with either tub, I continued my search and splurged a bit for a Jacuzzi J-480.  The tub has an amazing lounger that fits like a glove, plus three awesome corner seats all with great jetting.  It has the foot dome, the aesthetics are beautiful, and the tub is very comfortable for up to 6 adults.  I highly recommend checking out the J-480.  It's more expensive than the Cameo, but strike a really good deal on it and it won't be all that more expensive.  Very best of luck with your search, and I look forward to hearing which model you end up with.  You're looking at the 2 best brands, and you won't go wrong.  All the best!! 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »
Hello Everyone, I'm new to the spa world and was hoping to get some good advice from anyone that might be familiar with either of these spas. I was quoted on the Jacuzzi J375 $10k w/tax to include cover, lift cover, delivery and steps. Was also quoted $11,200 on a sundance Cameo to include the same extras. We want a spa for hydrotherapy. I lean toward the cameo for the hip jets and prefer the lounge feature thats in both. The sundance dealer said their Cameo model is more comparable to jacuzzi's J465 model. He also said the Jacuzzi J375 was more comparable to the sundance Hamilton which he priced at $8200. I welcome anyones opinion on the spas mentioned and whether the pricing I was given on both spas sounds like a great deal. Does anyone own one of these spas and how does the pricing sound? Thank you so much for the input.

I say forget about the price until you wet test and see which one fits YOU the best. Then start talking price with the dealer.
Retired

Murcie355

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »
Thank you both for the input.  Hot tub 9707, I really appreciate the in depth response. I deal with hip issues so the reason I was leaning towards the cameo was because they have specific jets directed towads the hip.  I dont anticipate having many in the spa at one time so the cramping issue wouldn't be a problem for us. Hot tub 9707, if the seating arrangement was not an issue would you still have gone with the J480? Thanks again!

HotTub9707

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »
That's a good question, if it was only ever 2 or 3 people in the tub the Cameo is a great choice.  But one thing I've learned from doing many wet tests is how much I enjoy a wide variety of seats and jetting in a tub.  And that was a good part of the reason I splurged on the J-480.  A great lounge seat, 3 awesome corner seats, a seat under 2 elevated waterfalls, and a cool-down seat.  Six different seats with different jet arrangements, all of which can enjoy the foot dome (except for the lounger) and 3 of which have great calf massage (critical for me).  That said, the Cameo is an awesome spa as well...many things to love about it.  As Tman122 pointed out, wet test all of these models (and others) if you can.  Wet testing will indeed be your best indicator of which is the right spa for you.  The challenge can be that dealers may not have the models filled that you're most interested in, that was a challenge I found.  But at minimum wet test a spa from each of the series...Sundance 880-series and Jacuzzi J-300 series and J-400 series.  Picking a hot tub can be a tough decision.  At one point I was considering J-375, J-385, Cameo, Optima, Maxxus, and J-480.  Wet test as much as you can, gather as much information as you can, process it all, and go with your gut.  Good luck!  Any more questions, I'm happy to give my two cents. 

Murcie355

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 12:34:02 am »
Hot tub 9707, one last question. Did you notice a difference in the jets between the cameo and the J480. I know you mentioned it was more about the seating. Jacuzzi claims they have a specific air to water ratio that the cameo doesnt that makes their hydrotherapy better. I can only wet test a cameo there isnt a j480 or j375 to wet test. Thanks again for your thoughts.

HotTub9707

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 11:54:09 am »
Hi Murcie355.  I wet tested several Sundance models and several Jacuzzi models and, yes, the feel of the jets is a bit different between the two brands.  While I love the jets of both brands, I feel Jacuzzi offers a little more variety from seat to seat.  I suffer from lower back pain from time to time, and the MX2 jets from Jacuzzi do wonders.  The MX2 jet therapy seat is in virtually every J-400 and J-300 model, including the 480 and 375.  I also love the RX jets in the lounge seat in the J-480.  That said, I really like the Sundance jets as well and I found the Cameo to be very therapeutic.  Both brands allow you to adjust the air-to-water ratio.  In the J-300 series it's a toggle switch for air to be on or off.  In the J-400 series and the Sundance, there are dials to vary the air-to-water ratio.  Really the best way to experience it is to wet test some tubs.  Are there any tubs at the Jacuzzi dealer you can wet test?  That would at least give you a feel for the jets in a Jacuzzi.  But to answer your direct question, yes I notice a difference in the feel of the two brands in terms of the jets...both very nice, and it comes down to personal preference.  The difference is there, but not tremendous.  Good luck, and let me know what other questions you have.   

flamingoezz

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:05 am »
I'm in a similar boat -- looking for lounger with strong leg/calf massage.  did you find that the 400 series had better lounger leg jets than the 300 series, or was it the foot dome that won you over?

How would you compare the Sundance and Jacuzzi lounger leg jets?

Hi!  You're looking at 2 great tubs.  I recently purchased a hot tub for the first time, and indeed the Cameo and J-375 were among my final contenders.  Like you, hydrotherapy is important for me.  Being a cyclist and long-distance runner, I need good foot massage and calf massage...and I soon found that the models with a lounge seat were very therapeutic for me.  I loved the Cameo but it had 2 major drawbacks for me:  the lounger eats up 2 corner seats, and the spa quickly gets cramped if you're having more than 4 people in it.  I turned my attention to the J-375, which solves the Cameo's first problem by still having 3 corner seats along with the lounger.  But for me the foot jets in the lounger were too small and not strong enough for much-needed foot therapy.  I was quoted pricing of $8,700 for the J-375 and $10,000 for the Cameo, before tax.  Not quite satisfied with either tub, I continued my search and splurged a bit for a Jacuzzi J-480.  The tub has an amazing lounger that fits like a glove, plus three awesome corner seats all with great jetting.  It has the foot dome, the aesthetics are beautiful, and the tub is very comfortable for up to 6 adults.  I highly recommend checking out the J-480.  It's more expensive than the Cameo, but strike a really good deal on it and it won't be all that more expensive.  Very best of luck with your search, and I look forward to hearing which model you end up with.  You're looking at the 2 best brands, and you won't go wrong.  All the best!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42