What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: FLO error and continuous jets problem. Sundance Cameo 880  (Read 5840 times)

frankpaul1

FLO error and continuous jets problem. Sundance Cameo 880
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:30:48 pm »
Hi all,

I've encountered a strange problem with my Sundance 880. This problem didn't arise in winter, but is very annoying on warm summer days. It appears as though the FLO error appears when the water temperature rises two degrees above the set temperature. This is called Summer logic if i'm correct. But this should lead to no water flowing at all. In my situation though the jet pump keeps on blowing.

I can fix the problem by turning off the main switch, turning it back on and quickly raise the temperature by two degrees. This will lead to a normal functioning spa.

This does not seem correct. Anybody experienced this problem?

Hot Tub Forum

FLO error and continuous jets problem. Sundance Cameo 880
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:30:48 pm »

jmk1234

Re: FLO error and continuous jets problem. Sundance Cameo 880
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:45:44 pm »
Does the spa sit in direct sunlight? When I was in Vegas during the summer I would set the heater to the lowest number setting and the water would still warm up to around 102 with a base ambient of 79.

If I am reading you correctly during the summer the spa is rising and kicking into summer logic mode to prevent the heater from turning on and overheating the spa. During the winter the air is cold so the heater will need to work to keep up the heat.

frankpaul1

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 03:19:14 pm »
It is in direct sunlight, but it's approximately 23 degrees Celcius (75 Fahrenheit) now, so it's not that hot at all.

I don't know how quick the water can heat up, but the FLO problem which causes the jets to start does often occur in the early afternoon around 2 pm. So that is when the temperature is at it's peak I guess.

It's just strange that the summer logic causes the jets to turn on. It should turn off all flow, even the circulation pump.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 11:34:57 am »
Is it saying FLO only or flashing between FLO and the temperature?

frankpaul1

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:49:43 am »
It's a solid FLO message. All controls are disabled.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
That's a circ pump tub right? Sounds like you have a flow problem? Is the filter good? Circ pump good, how old? Are you saying that you get the flow error because the circ pump stops working, causing the tub to use winter logic to turn on the jet pump?
Retired

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:48 am »
A solid FLO error means that the sensor is seeing flow when the circulation pump is supposed to be off. If you have a solid FLO and the circulation pump is not running, then the flow switch is either stuck closed or faulty. 

frankpaul1

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:55:07 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday.

That's a circ pump tub right? Sounds like you have a flow problem? Is the filter good? Circ pump good, how old? Are you saying that you get the flow error because the circ pump stops working, causing the tub to use winter logic to turn on the jet pump?

It is a 24/7 circ pump tub. Filter is six months old, cleaned every two weeks. Circ pump is the original from 2005. I think I get the FLO error from the tub "overheating", i.e. warming up more than two degrees above set temp. But when it does that it should go into Summer Logic and disable all flow, but instead the jet is pumping continuously. It will keep going all day if I don't switch off the main switch. 

A solid FLO error means that the sensor is seeing flow when the circulation pump is supposed to be off. If you have a solid FLO and the circulation pump is not running, then the flow switch is either stuck closed or faulty. 

OK, but how does this correlate to the jets pumping continuously?

frankpaul1

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 11:23:33 am »
Anyone?

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 12:00:41 pm »
Is the circulation pump running constantly with the FLO error or is the main jets pump

frankpaul1

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 04:10:10 am »
Is the circulation pump running constantly with the FLO error or is the main jets pump

The main jets pump, so that's very strange.

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:35:55 am »
Well, I would get the FLO error fixed and see if that takes care of the whole issue.  There may be more than one issue, or fixing the FLO error may remedy both things. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:35:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42