What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Price I Paid for a Hot Tub  (Read 14336 times)

DKRanger22

Re: The Price I Paid for a Hot Tub
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »
  You got a great price, who cares how you got it..   ;)

I don't.  Evidently, others do  ;D

I guess I confirmed where the bottom of the market is for the R8 (perhaps even a bit below the bottom).  I guess that's the purpose of this thread, and hopefully a good days point for other potential buyers.  Perhaps not such a good data point for the BF dealers  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:57 pm »

Sam

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 12:56:33 pm »
You guys are quoting ridiculous prices that other people should not expect to get.  I assure that I would not sell an A7L or an R8 for the prices in this thread.  Wouldn't even think about it.  At some point you have to expect the dealer to have enough profit to pay their service department and delivery guys a livable wage.  Those prices would force us to hire minimum wage service and delivery guys and maybe have less of them.

That's the flip side to all of this.  You want that amazing deal, but you also want great service in a timely fashion.  Providing that has a cost.  A good experienced technician should be compensated commensurate with his abilities, if you want to keep him. There is a balance between good service and good deal.  The problem is that you won't appreciate it or miss it until you need it.

*edit because it sounded unintentionally abrasive
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:18:26 pm by Sam »

DKRanger22

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 09:44:26 pm »
The purpose of this thread was to post the price you paid for your hot tub.   I've done that, and explained numerous times how I arrived at that price with my dealer (floor model, Labor Day sale/rebate, dealing with one of the largest volume dealers in the country, etc.).    If the intent was to figure out the best price to provide a living wage for the dealer and their service men, then I would have stayed out of this thread because I wouldn't know where to start.    I think it's been pretty well established that my deal is basically at cost for most smaller dealers.   This was my dealers initial offer price to me: no haggling, pushing, etc. on my part.    I went in having researched what other comparable Bullfrogs typically sell for, and I knew that this was a fantastic price without question.   

Again, this is a data point for other perspective buyers.  I never stated that others should expect to get my same deal, but they can use this as knowledge essentially knowing what dealer cost is (or pretty close to it) for this model.

CT-Scott

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 11:17:42 am »
Hi guys, I'm considering getting my first hot tub, and after doing a little research over the past several months, HotSpring and Bullfrog are of interest (though I'm also intrigued by that MicroSilk feature that Marquis and at least one other company offer - but the upgrade cost is probably too steep).

Anyway, it's really just my wife and I who plan to use it, so to keep costs down, I figured I'd focus on the smaller tubs.  So a couple of interest to me are the HotSpring JetSetter and HotSpot SX or TX.  Here are some prices I was quoted by a local dealer:

JetSetter NXT (3 person) - $10364 - $1000 manufacturer rebate
JetSetter (3 person) - $8851 - $1000 rebate
HotSpot SX (3 person) - $5700 + $250 for 220 electrical + $299 circulation pump
HotSpot TX (2 person) - $4980 + $250 for 220 electrical + $299 circulation pump
* All prices include cover, steps, delivery, initial chemicals (+ possibly sub-panel, too?)

Do these seem high or about average?  Based on a little searching I did, they don't seem particularly low.

d00nut

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »
To give you some feedback CT, those are far more in line with what I know most Hot Spring dealers sell.  Of course, Hot Spring has a large variety of step types and lifter types, which can greatly affect the price.  Saying it comes with a Step and Lift doesn't tell me much about what kind you get.

A leisure concept Covermate 1 Cover Lifter is what most dealers "give" away.  It's a cheap lift that retails for $200 maybe.  Same thing with a step.

Hot Spring makes a Lifter called a Lift N Glide that is somewhat comparable to that.  They also make a lift called a Cover Cradle that easily goes for double the cost.

Steps are in the same vain in Hot Spring/Caldera world.

CT-Scott

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm also intrigued by the MicroSilk option offered in some of the Marquis spas.  I called one Marquis dealer today who said that they had a Spirit w/MicroSilk which they were heavily discounting at $9000.  The color didn't sound ideal, and that price sounded awfully expensive for one of the smaller hot tubs.  I know that they have a new Vector line out.  What would be one of the smaller/less expensive Marquis tubs that I could get w/MicroSilk?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 09:43:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm also intrigued by the MicroSilk option offered in some of the Marquis spas.  I called one Marquis dealer today who said that they had a Spirit w/MicroSilk which they were heavily discounting at $9000.  The color didn't sound ideal, and that price sounded awfully expensive for one of the smaller hot tubs.  I know that they have a new Vector line out.  What would be one of the smaller/less expensive Marquis tubs that I could get w/MicroSilk?

Size really has a lot less to do with price then you would think. Signature series Marquis are one of the best tubs on the market. You got a quote on a jet setter for roughly the same price. Have you compared the 2 tubs?  As far as less expensive the vector 65L is available with microsilk and will probably come in cheaper. Microsilk as a option adds 1500-2000 to the price on its own. For 9k that tub is priced very well with that option on it

39lasalle

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »
You guys are quoting ridiculous prices that other people should not expect to get.  I assure that I would not sell an A7L or an R8 for the prices in this thread.  Wouldn't even think about it.  At some point you have to expect the dealer to have enough profit to pay their service department and delivery guys a livable wage.  Those prices would force us to hire minimum wage service and delivery guys and maybe have less of them.

That's the flip side to all of this.  You want that amazing deal, but you also want great service in a timely fashion.  Providing that has a cost.  A good experienced technician should be compensated commensurate with his abilities, if you want to keep him. There is a balance between good service and good deal.  The problem is that you won't appreciate it or miss it until you need it.

Not sure of your company situation.....or the company's situation we bought from. I run a business and have friends that run the same type of business I am involved with.  Even though we sell the same products, we all have different rent, labor expenses, etc.   

Yes, we paid $9,000 plus 6% sales tax for our A7L,  I felt it was a good deal.   I am still waiting for the dealer to call and tell me the tub is in, and my rebate check is in the mail!

All the credit card BS that I do is on me but I have been doing this crap for years and I best guesstimate over the last 10 years playing the credit card game on various purchases I have probably saved well over $2K with extended terms interest free!

Sam

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 05:42:57 pm »
The purpose of this thread was to post the price you paid for your hot tub.   I've done that, and explained numerous times how I arrived at that price with my dealer (floor model, Labor Day sale/rebate, dealing with one of the largest volume dealers in the country, etc.).    If the intent was to figure out the best price to provide a living wage for the dealer and their service men, then I would have stayed out of this thread because I wouldn't know where to start.    I think it's been pretty well established that my deal is basically at cost for most smaller dealers.   This was my dealers initial offer price to me: no haggling, pushing, etc. on my part.    I went in having researched what other comparable Bullfrogs typically sell for, and I knew that this was a fantastic price without question.   

Again, this is a data point for other perspective buyers.  I never stated that others should expect to get my same deal, but they can use this as knowledge essentially knowing what dealer cost is (or pretty close to it) for this model.

I totally get it and didn't mean to sound combative.  I just wanted provide additional insight on the topic.  The internet has changed the way people shop and tends to reduce things to price only. We put a lot of resources and energy into providing the best service, support, and overall experience in town.  It's a difficult thing to quantify, yet arguably as important as the product itself in our industry.  I see some of these prices and question how they can sell them that cheap while still offering great service. 

I completely respect the consumer's right to find the best deal that he can.  I'd just hate to see shoppers think they are getting hosed when they see numbers thousands over some posted here.  I've actually had it happen to me before.  A customer saw a price online and questioned whether we were overcharging her.  If you looked at average prices nationally, she actually did a little better but that didn't change her negative opinion. 

Not to get too far offtrack but our price obsessed consumers in this country have drastically changed our economy over the years.  We went from locally owned mom and pop stores to walmart (for example), where the employees live in poverty and their wages are subsidized by the tax payers with government assistance programs.  We stopped manufacturing so many things in our country because people didn't want to pay for it.  Now everything is made in China where it's cheaper, and quality has suffered.  America generally does not want to pay for quality.  We voted with our dollars.

Sorry for the rant.

DKRanger22

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 07:08:52 pm »

I totally get it and didn't mean to sound combative.  I just wanted provide additional insight on the topic.  The internet has changed the way people shop and tends to reduce things to price only. We put a lot of resources and energy into providing the best service, support, and overall experience in town.  It's a difficult thing to quantify, yet arguably as important as the product itself in our industry.  I see some of these prices and question how they can sell them that cheap while still offering great service. 

I completely respect the consumer's right to find the best deal that he can.  I'd just hate to see shoppers think they are getting hosed when they see numbers thousands over some posted here.  I've actually had it happen to me before.  A customer saw a price online and questioned whether we were overcharging her.  If you looked at average prices nationally, she actually did a little better but that didn't change her negative opinion. 

Not to get too far offtrack but our price obsessed consumers in this country have drastically changed our economy over the years.  We went from locally owned mom and pop stores to walmart (for example), where the employees live in poverty and their wages are subsidized by the tax payers with government assistance programs.  We stopped manufacturing so many things in our country because people didn't want to pay for it.  Now everything is made in China where it's cheaper, and quality has suffered.  America generally does not want to pay for quality.  We voted with our dollars.

Sorry for the rant.

No need to apologize, and I get what you are saying and frankly, agree with you. i can't attest to the service, but it will be interesting to see how they treat me if/when I need something.

Sollylogger

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 11:55:42 am »
I do not disagree that a dealer should make a reasonable profit on their sales.  We should all want our dealers to stay in business to be there for the service calls and next purchase. 

However, I started this thread because of my frustration in trying to find out information on the real value of a hot tub.  For all of the really great deals that people find on a hot tub, I bet there are 5 more people who came in and paid something close to the asking price.  Without pricing information, the buyer is at an extreme disadvantage in the negotiation.  Hopefully this website and this thread can help even the playing field for the few who find it.  I am thankful that this site existed for my purchase process.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 01:59:35 pm »
I do not disagree that a dealer should make a reasonable profit on their sales.  We should all want our dealers to stay in business to be there for the service calls and next purchase. 

However, I started this thread because of my frustration in trying to find out information on the real value of a hot tub.  For all of the really great deals that people find on a hot tub, I bet there are 5 more people who came in and paid something close to the asking price.  Without pricing information, the buyer is at an extreme disadvantage in the negotiation.  Hopefully this website and this thread can help even the playing field for the few who find it.  I am thankful that this site existed for my purchase process.

The only thing I would add to your thread and specifically your first post is which set of stairs and which cover lift you got.  Hot Spring makes I think 4 different ones that are priced a lot differently and I believe 3 different kinds of steps that are priced differently

MarKee

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 05:17:11 pm »
CT-Scott: $9000 for the Marquis Spirit with MicroSilk is a steal.  That's a $2000+ add-on, and the base model Spirit typically sells in the $9000 range without that option.  It would be a no-brainer to me if I was looking at a Jetsetter for $9000-10000+ (no disrespect to HotSpring, that is also a nice tub).

ComoConsultant

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 05:59:34 pm »
Hi guys, I'm considering getting my first hot tub, and after doing a little research over the past several months, HotSpring and Bullfrog are of interest (though I'm also intrigued by that MicroSilk feature that Marquis and at least one other company offer - but the upgrade cost is probably too steep).

Anyway, it's really just my wife and I who plan to use it, so to keep costs down, I figured I'd focus on the smaller tubs.  So a couple of interest to me are the HotSpring JetSetter and HotSpot SX or TX.  Here are some prices I was quoted by a local dealer:

JetSetter NXT (3 person) - $10364 - $1000 manufacturer rebate
JetSetter (3 person) - $8851 - $1000 rebate
HotSpot SX (3 person) - $5700 + $250 for 220 electrical + $299 circulation pump
HotSpot TX (2 person) - $4980 + $250 for 220 electrical + $299 circulation pump
* All prices include cover, steps, delivery, initial chemicals (+ possibly sub-panel, too?)

Do these seem high or about average?  Based on a little searching I did, they don't seem particularly low

If your looking at a jetsetter but like MicroSilk you should check out the V65L by Marquis, it's MicroSilk Eligible and a lower cost than the signature series

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 05:59:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42