What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 amore bay- what else should I test?  (Read 1961 times)

Illinileo

D1 amore bay- what else should I test?
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:09:33 pm »
First time hot tub buyer. Looking for a larger tub for our family of 5 with teenaged boys. I'm the shortest at 5'9", my husband is 5'10", kids are taller.

We've wet tested the jacuzzi j-470 first. I liked it. But felt the jets weren't as strong as I was hoping for. I also felt there wasn't much for the legs. Otherwise I liked it. And it fit ok. I did wonder if it could have been a bit deeper too, as I had the headrests all the way up.

Checked out the marquis dealer next. Salesperson wanted me to come back for a wet test on a weekday morning. Can't do that, so not sure we'll go back.

Next stop was the d1 dealer. Tried the nautilus first. Really liked the tub- the jets were what I was looking for- every seat was great. I did have to put the head rests all the way up on the adjustable seats. The other corner seats without the adjustable headrests weren't as good of a fit as I tried to sit back, but otherwise loved the jets.

Then we tried the amore bay- loved almost everything about it. Again, had the adjustable headrests all the way up, but they fit. The jets were great, strong, and hit all the right spots. I wasn't sure about the bench seating at first, but after trying it I liked it. It gives you room to move around. Got a price of $13,400delivered and installed  ( no cover). Need to get cover price.

Next stop caldera dealer. Tried the cantabria, and wanted to like it. Great sized tub. The controls at the seats were not that intuitive. I was blown out of the lounger until I figured out how to plant my feet. The headrests were too short/seats not deep enough. Just not the right tub.  The dealer had a Catalina spa that I sat in dry- better depth on the seats for sure. Just don't know anything about them.

Going to check out hot springs and artesian next. Wish there was a Sundance dealer around, but they are 4 hours away.

Any other suggestions for a larger sized tub with deep seats that I should look at?

Thx!

Hot Tub Forum

D1 amore bay- what else should I test?
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:09:33 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: D1 amore bay- what else should I test?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:26:30 pm »

Any other suggestions for a larger sized tub with deep seats that I should look at?

Thx!

I'll copy/paste my standard reply:

There are a lot of good options out there depending on where you live (Artesian, Arctic, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Marquis, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance are some of the most respected in the industry and most commonly discussed here).

The general idea is to do a search on their websites by using their dealer locator to see who is local to you. Then visit maybe 5 or so if you have that many options and from there hopefully you'll find maybe 3 where you like the dealer and find a model that fits what you're looking for so you can set up a wet test on each to see which is best for you in the end.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: D1 amore bay- what else should I test?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 08:26:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42