What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Increase Total Bromine - How?  (Read 1533 times)

FL Person

Increase Total Bromine - How?
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:27:00 pm »
I'm using Leisure time Bromie tabs in a floater.  I travel for weeks at a time.  After returning home this week (before testing the water) I placed five Renew tabs in the tub and ran the pump on high foir 30 minutes (Renew tabs are 3 per 250 gal.  My Bullfrog R6 is 350 gal).  That was about four days ago.  I just tested the water and it shows zero "Total Bromine."  I've read on this forum that shocking the water will release suspended Bromine. 

I'm under the impression that the Renew tabs are the equivalent of shock.   Is this not correct?  Should I add more Renew tabs? 

Also, I have several Bromine tabs in the floater and they seem to last a very long time.  With about five slots open in the floater, the Bromine has lasted for more than a month.  I'm not sure if this is normal.  Maybe I should expose more slots in the floater?

Not really sure what to do.

Thanks.

FL Person
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:54:03 pm by FL Person »

Hot Tub Forum

Increase Total Bromine - How?
« on: August 27, 2016, 12:27:00 pm »

FL Person

Re: Increase Total Bromine - How?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:17 am »
Follow up:  I added another five Renew tabs and the Total Bromine now registers in an acceptable range.  I'm guessing the initial five tabs - though the correct dosage per the 350 gallon capacity of my spa - wasn't enough to do the trick given the amount of time since the previous shock treatment.

FL Person
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 08:54:14 pm by FL Person »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Increase Total Bromine - How?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42