What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Choosing a new tub/looks at hot springs pulse/ideas on general good pricing  (Read 3758 times)

EricT

Hi guys

A little short backstory - at our old house had a hot springs prodigy.  Great tub, albeit small.  Sold that house and moved into a new place with a ton more room, ready for a bigger spa!

Wet tested a vanguard and a flair yesterday.  Flair was too small, and my wife is 4'11 so she didnt fit in the lounge chair portion!  So no more lounge chair seat.  I'm 6'1 so I seem to fit in whatever spa.  The vanguard was okay, didn't care for the layout really.  The motomassage is nice but not really a dealbreaker.  So we're really looking at the pulse.  I would like to get the salt/ace system as it does seem easier to maintain and nicer but if it's a cost issue we may ditch that as well.  Especially if a new element is needed every 2-3 years, at $800 that seems like it's not really paying for itself compared to a chlorine/ozone system. 

We did get some quotes and to be honest I was a little shocked. I'm not sure we're being offered as good of a deal as the dealer would like me to believe.

(round numbers, this is delivered with everything included but the water.  cover, lifter, silver, ozone, ace, etc etc etc)
Pulse - $14k with ace system, for floor model.
Vangaurd $15k+, also floor model
Grandee (not nxt) just under $17k. 

So you guys tell me.  We're looking at the hot springs specifically because of the circ pump and the ability to do salt, although if we need to remove the salt system for budget needs we will.
Based on some of the prices I've seen on the boards here these seem excessive.  Especially for floor model pricing.

Thanks for any and all opinions on this!

Hot Tub Forum

MarKee

Those prices are really high, each model is $4000+ overpriced.

EricT

Thanks Markee, that's what I feared.  I still want to try to test out a pulse, but I felt like it should be a 10K tub out the door, tops.  We aren't in a super expensive area either (cost of living) so it's a little surprising.  I'll have to shop around Phoenix area and see if they want to drive up the hill and deliver.

mpkelley20

I was quoted 10K for the Pulse WITHOUT the Ace system.    I was told the Ace system was like $1200 upgrade.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
What city are you in?  There must be room to deal.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Sam

Salt systems are not all that they are cracked up to be.  There are other systems available that offer the benefits of salt without the expense and corrosive nature.  I'm sure some sales guy will tell you their system doesn't have the corrosion problems, but in opinion, it's b.s. 

Hot tub maintenance in modern, quality spas is not difficult, time consuming, or harsh on your skin and eyes.  There are some great systems available that are much better than salt systems.  Don't let that be a deciding factor for you.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42