What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub / Deck  (Read 5282 times)

Pimmsie

Hot Tub / Deck
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

Hi I am getting ready to purchase a D1 Journey.  We like the small round tubs - and I really like the one at the dealer in stock (Vintage Cedar / Ultralife) + I like the salesman - he was so low key  & didn't try to up-sell me. 

Live in TX.   

Plan is to place it on framed gravel (Dealer has a guy that does this) and then get the deck built around it.  It's pretty low to the ground - but this will put the hot tub maybe 15 " down.  (It's 35") in height.  And we will have a part that can pull out to access the internals when needed.

Does the plan (hot tub at ground level/ deck around it) pose any risks?   

Any feedback on the hot tub is great too.  I went to 2 dealers and disliked  1 guy who told me that "no one likes round tubs, he could order one, but I would hate it"   I have read here that people do like their little round tubs - so that's been good to hear.  Eliminating the second dealer also eliminated a couple of manufacturers.   I might take a look at the Sundance Denali as well. 

Also will it be possible to turn off the heater and just it as a teensie cool off pool in the summer?     (It's 99 here some days in the summer and the thought of just getting in cold water is very appealing, figured during the summer turn down/off the heater and throw some bags of ice in it if needed)

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub / Deck
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

Pimmsie

Re: Hot Tub / Deck
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:58 pm »
Hot Tub comes on Tuesday:)  so decision over D1 Journey Cedar/ultralife

It might be a little round hot tub - but it's my first & I am super excited. 

Woot:)   Get it Delivered/Installed Tuesday and then the deck put on.  We needed a new deck anyway and are combining it with a new Tin porch roof. 

Pimmsie

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 11:33:44 pm »
Delivered - construction continues -  getting deck built around Tub with access.  Pad cost a bit extra to level is off.

pmang

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:41:04 am »
Congratulations on the new tub!! Enjoy!!

Pimmsie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 08:35:05 pm »
A little bit more progress (access is on the other end of deck)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 12:07:59 am »

Neat setup. I like round tubs!  Think you need to ditch those stairs and build some nice custom ones. Cabinet on that tub is really cool looking

dlleno

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:15 pm »
that is a nice setup.  just keep needles and leaves from accumulating around the sides and under the step

Pimmsie

Getting closer
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 08:43:37 pm »
little closer

Fill it up tommorow

Still do (not right away)

Make porch ceiling not ugly

Stain it all

Privacy (pretty private now since its sort of sunken) thinking these for around tub http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/easy-glide-indoor-outdoor-bamboo-ring-top-window-curtain-panel-in-espresso/3247786?categoryId=13048

Ceiling fan (have electricity for it)

Hanging party lights

Plans changed since I decided to get tub - added porch cover - adds up:) so holding on finishes for a bit

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:13:34 pm by Pimmsie »

Pimmsie

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »

Neat setup. I like round tubs!  Think you need to ditch those stairs and build some nice custom ones. Cabinet on that tub is really cool looking

Thank you! Cannot wait for launch tommorow

Pimmsie

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:40 pm »
Congratulations on the new tub!! Enjoy!!

Thank you!

Pimmsie

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 10:01:18 pm »
that is a nice setup.  just keep needles and leaves from accumulating around the sides and under the step

Thank you! I hope the roof keeps some out - but it's definitely a yard full of trees so we will keep watch

Pimmsie

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 05:13:18 pm »
Just an update years later:) my D1 Journey hasn’t had any issues and with temps in the 100s it’s getting lotsa use as my tiny  pool.  https://ibb.co/c3AqOd

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »
Just an update years later:) my D1 Journey hasn’t had any issues and with temps in the 100s it’s getting lotsa use as my tiny  pool.  https://ibb.co/c3AqOd

Nice tub. D1 has always proven reliability.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42