What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi tech not showing up  (Read 3683 times)

gspar

Jacuzzi tech not showing up
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
What do you do if the Jacuzzi dealer I have for my 2013 J480 hot tub, that is still under warranty, refuses to come out and do the warranty work and fix my tub.  Its been weeks since the parts have come in and he keeps giving me repair dates but never shows up.  I call back and leave my number and he doesn't call back.  I complained to Jacuzzi and they said I can't switch the dealer and that this problem is between me and my dealer.  Do I have to get a lawyer to enforce the contract?  Do I go higher up in the Jacuzzi organization?  Has anyone else had this problem?  I realize warranty work is not as profitable as other types of work, but come on.  If he waits until the Fall, what are my options here?

And by the way, do not buy Jacuzzi!!  They are now made in Mexico, the electronics come from China and they are absolute crap!!  They have already replaced the main computer, both sets of water fall lights and a jet during the first year I had it.  Now the main controller is broken, the knob on 2 of the jets that control the air intake is broken, more lights are out including both waterfall lights again, headrest lights, cup holder lights.  What a piece of junk.  And to think this retails for $18,000!!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi tech not showing up
« on: July 28, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi tech not showing up
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 07:24:20 pm »
My first step would be to talk to whoever that service guy reports to which I assume to be store manager/whoever owns that dealership.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gspar

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:52:23 pm »
I did, its a family owned business.  What's my next step?  I can't tell you how frustrating this is!!  I can always threaten the BBB or bad reviews on the internet etc..   But that will start a war and I am still stuck with this dealer as per Jacuzzi.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:04:52 am »
What is the issue with the tub?  Jacuzzi doesn't have anybody else in your area that can fix it. I've been called in to do warranty work on tubs where the dealer doesn't get along with the consumer or the dealer couldn't fix the problem themselves. Do think its a bit unfair to say they make a crappy product. I think they still make a decent tub. If you paid 18k for your tub you either live in Long Island or got screwed and should've done more homework before buying. If I was you I would go to the store and make a bit of a scene until you got a firm date. Weekends work better to get your point across.  Busier days. Good luck.

gspar

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »
Jacuzzi says I am stuck with this "no-show" as my dealer -  Nutley Pool and Spa in N.J.  They tried to give it to another dealer on Long Island, but when I told him all the things that were wrong with it ( controller with no display, both water fall lights are out again, headrest and cup holder light out, water fall control knob leaking and broken, air mix knobs for the jets are broken, etc..) he said it was too much for him to fix and said no.  The retail price for the tub is 18k, I paid 13.5k and did all of my homework before buying this tub and spent more money on the Jacuzzi brand name thinking it still meant quality.  It doesn't.  The first week I had the tub the main computer broke and wouldn't turn the pumps on.  I've already replaced both sets of water fall lights last year.  Jacuzzi sold out for cheap parts and labor and would never buy another one.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 10:42:49 pm »
Any resolution?

mrpenguin

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:58 pm »
Sadly, I have to agree with GSPar on the quality.   We change all cupholder and waterfall led's and the waterfall ones are already dead again after warranty ended.  I may try to build my own lights for that area, but for now, we just have them unplugged.   I cannot recommend Jacuzzi from a quality/service standpoint, at least not from my area.  I too had no more service people available.  The dealers around here stopped selling Jacuzzi brand too.   My tub also had a hose kinked at the jet and some of the jets pop out easy if you turn them too far.  You're supposed to push and turn to pop out, no push needed here.   The tub is still nice and works, but just annoyed at the service/quality after spending over ten thousand for it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42