What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Long time hot tub users only, no sales  (Read 3420 times)

Deesdees

Long time hot tub users only, no sales
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »
I would really love to hear from real people that are or are not satisfied with their hot tub choice.  Newbies are welcome but I'd love to hear the repair records from long time usage.  I had a Hotsprings Landmark for close to 20 years.  Two heaters. Two mother boards(control circuit) 3 relays and two ozanators followed by a slow leak.   Surprisingly I call this a success.   I'm now in the market for New...tell me your experience with hot spring and artesian please

Hot Tub Forum

Long time hot tub users only, no sales
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:47:12 pm »

edwin2014

Re: Long time hot tub users only, no sales
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 02:34:37 pm »
I really like my Arctic. Having it two years, bought second hand. Now two jet's replaced. Control panel replaced but I think it was damaged somewhere in it's history, so no blame to Arctic.
Using it 4 out of 7 days a week

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:21:16 am »
I would really love to hear from real people that are or are not satisfied with their hot tub choice.  Newbies are welcome but I'd love to hear the repair records from long time usage.  I had a Hotsprings Landmark for close to 20 years.  Two heaters. Two mother boards(control circuit) 3 relays and two ozanators followed by a slow leak.   Surprisingly I call this a success.   I'm now in the market for New...tell me your experience with hot spring and artesian please

If you had 2 ozonaters in 20 years you had about 15 years of them not working. They only last a few years. There are very few brands of tubs that last 20 years. HS is one of them.
Retired

Deesdees

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:53:02 pm »
Correct, we removed the ozonator long before I gave away the spa!  I'll add that I did relocate my spa with me when I moved... I'm thinking that aided in leakage? 😜

JacuzziJack

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 12:02:26 pm »
Great question. A lot of tub mfgrs (most) are buying off the shelf components like Balboa electronics, pumps and sensors made by others. It's a tough environment under there with possible water and steam intrusion, corrosive chemicals, rodents, possible poor maintenance and so on. But given a superior design and best mfgring/QC practices, a mfgr should be able to get the most out of the components with fewer failures. Looking forward to others' feedback.

Racenut

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 07:03:19 pm »
Correct, we removed the ozonator long before I gave away the spa!  I'll add that I did relocate my spa with me when I moved... I'm thinking that aided in leakage? 😜

Our previous Dimension One was a great tub for 11 or 12 years.  Then we redid the backyard and had to move it out of the way and then back.  After that, it became a leak monster.  Finally gave up and just bought a new one....

dlleno

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »
great post and question!  I'm on my 2nd hot spring Grandee.  the first one was a circa 1990 spa, which developed a crack in the shell itself, and Watkins replaced it with a totally new 1992 spa under warranty.  I was impressed to say the least.

The only problem with spa #2 was the thermostat had to be replaced because temp control was kind of wild. But they sorted it out under warranty.  lets see what else... I think I went through two heater elements changes and at least one of those was my own fault (pH drop, water ate copper).   water maintenance mistakes are hard on heaters....

I also replaced a high limit switch on it , and after the warranty expired I also replaced the thermostat once at my own expense.  That was about it, as far as malfunctioning parts are concerned.  as the spa got older -- and 20 years in the sun doesn't help --- the plastic control box cover started to fade and get brittle.  oh yes -- the jet timer board did go out, but i didn't use that part anyway so I just ran the jets manually like I wanted to anyway, so I chose not to fix it.   Another thing that was my own fault was that i replaced a couple of jets with microsage spinners -- wonderful jets to be sure.  But I was careless installing them, took them on and off a lot and at about the 15 year point I had damaged the bayonet mounting tab, so I couldn't use them anymore. 

I count the above as a success as well -- in fact the reason I had to replace that spa was my own fault as well, as I had built a wood deck around the spa which collected leaves and moisture which shortened the life of the spa structure which deteriorated from the outside.

So I have confidence in Watkins and the Hot Spring line, so much so that I bought Grandee #3  from the same dealer who was still in business after 25 years.    This one has been golden from day 1.  My only regret is that it is in storage now and I can't use it,  as I am in between houses!   

Another vote for Hot Spring.  I will also add that the local dealer makes a big difference. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42