What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing down the choices  (Read 36310 times)

MikeK157

Re: Narrowing down the choices
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »
I don't float at all. My wife does a bit. That's why a wet test is important. Nice thing with the resort is each jet is adjustable and both pumps are 2 speed. Very easy to dial in the massage you are looking for

I know my pricing will be different since i am Canadian but does 11500 sound like a reasonable price? Thats what i have been quoted so far

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »

Deesdees

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 11:13:17 pm »
After having my Hot Springs Landmark for over 20 years, I'm in the same boat.  I'm researching as much as I can and am more interested in energy efficiency and noise control.  A Hot spring close replacement would be an Envoy at close to $12,000 with only a cover included.  I see bullfrog mentioned here but not from actual purchasers And I haven't seen a dealer in Indiana yet.   Artesian Grand Bahama elite looks comparable to my Landmark and is about the same price wise (11,500) I want a lounge, quiet pumps, 24hr circulation and very very very little repair. 

Bfc56

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 04:26:21 am »
Hi Mike.  Where about in Canada are you?  I am in the Toronto area and have been looking for a little while as well. 

MikeK157

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 07:02:49 am »
Hi Mike.  Where about in Canada are you?  I am in the Toronto area and have been looking for a little while as well.

Im in Acton so not far from you. Prices im sitting on currently is 11500 for The resort and 10500 for the Lazyboy unit on my list.

Wet testing the hot springs and marquis tomorrow morning to get the wet testing started

MikeK157

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:49 am »
After having my Hot Springs Landmark for over 20 years, I'm in the same boat.  I'm researching as much as I can and am more interested in energy efficiency and noise control.  A Hot spring close replacement would be an Envoy at close to $12,000 with only a cover included.  I see bullfrog mentioned here but not from actual purchasers And I haven't seen a dealer in Indiana yet.   Artesian Grand Bahama elite looks comparable to my Landmark and is about the same price wise (11,500) I want a lounge, quiet pumps, 24hr circulation and very very very little repair.

Visited my local Artesian dealer and was not a fan of their sales tactics. Price on the Bahama was 17995 and they made it sound like that was their best price. As i walked away they said we can do 14000 but you have to put down 5000 right now. Needless to say i scratched them off my list with that type of gimmicky sales team.

Bfc56

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:34 am »
I am also going to start wet testing tomorrow.  I am in Vaughan, near Wonderland.    Looking at Sundance hotspring and Caldera.  No bullfrog dealer near by.  Looked at Hydropool, they are in Mississauga but unable to find any reviews about quality/reliability, etc.   Seems to be many dealers in the Mississauga, Oakville and Burlington areas. 

Bfc56

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 08:36:22 am »
I believe that Hydropool makes the lazy boy hot tub.

MikeK157

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 01:24:19 pm »
Did the first of our two wet tests and we were surprised when we found we did not care for the loungers.
Wife floated in both the marquis epic and hot springs envoy. I floated a little in the envoy but not much.

We found the marquis to be a good tub with strong jets however we ended up wet testing  the vector V94 and liked that one much more than the epic.

Strong jets, no floating in any seat, shared foot jet, lots of foot space in the foot well, individual controls for each seat was nice and the price made it a strong contender

The hot springs envoy while a nice enough tub did not have any feature that blew us away. Jets were weaker than the marquis at full blast, moto massager was neat but not a deal breaker and at 8-10k more depending on model we did not feel the hot springs did anything to warrant such a higher price.

For now the Vector V94 is at the front of the pack with a few more tests ahead.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 03:22:33 pm »
Did the first of our two wet tests and we were surprised when we found we did not care for the loungers.
Wife floated in both the marquis epic and hot springs envoy. I floated a little in the envoy but not much.

We found the marquis to be a good tub with strong jets however we ended up wet testing  the vector V94 and liked that one much more than the epic.

Strong jets, no floating in any seat, shared foot jet, lots of foot space in the foot well, individual controls for each seat was nice and the price made it a strong contender

The hot springs envoy while a nice enough tub did not have any feature that blew us away. Jets were weaker than the marquis at full blast, moto massager was neat but not a deal breaker and at 8-10k more depending on model we did not feel the hot springs did anything to warrant such a higher price.

For now the Vector V94 is at the front of the pack with a few more tests ahead.

common complaint with a Hot Spring...because all water runs through the filters it does decrease jet pressure, it gets even worse if you are "lazy" with the filters and allow them to be clogged with oils, etc

MarKee

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 06:52:25 pm »
The V94 is an awesome tub. Good luck in your search

MikeK157

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 08:39:03 pm »
Next batch of wet tests booked.

Going to check out the Sundance Optima and Chelsea

As well as the Lazy Boy Dream on this coming Saturday.

Bfc56

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 09:17:53 pm »
Hey Mike, I wet tested the optima this past weekend.  Very nice tub and great staff.

MikeK157

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:47 pm »
Hey Mike, I wet tested the optima this past weekend.  Very nice tub and great staff.

Glad to hear it was well received. I heard the power on the jets is quite intense. Is that accurate or marketing?

Bfc56

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 07:32:29 am »
I found them to be very intense and a great variety within the tub.  By far the best tub for my family.  I wet tested a hot spring grandee yesterday but did not like the motto massage.  Big tub with lots of room for my family but I prefer the Optima over all tubs I tested...Grandee, Vanguard, Niagara, Chelsee and Beachcomber 720.  I went ahead with the Optima.

Where are you wet testing?  I did mine in the Mississauga store. 

MikeK157

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 11:59:20 am »
I found them to be very intense and a great variety within the tub.  By far the best tub for my family.  I wet tested a hot spring grandee yesterday but did not like the motto massage.  Big tub with lots of room for my family but I prefer the Optima over all tubs I tested...Grandee, Vanguard, Niagara, Chelsee and Beachcomber 720.  I went ahead with the Optima.

Where are you wet testing?  I did mine in the Mississauga store.

Burlington location since the lazyboy is also there.

Going to test the bullfrog next weekend as well.

What did they quote you if you dont mind me asking

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42