What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing down the choices  (Read 36049 times)

MikeK157

Narrowing down the choices
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:43:29 pm »
After 2 months or so of research and 10-15 companies visited i narrowed down the choices to these 5. Planning on wet testing next week. Are there any standing out here as 100% best to avoid or any users can say are great? Primary goal is therapeutic and massage purposes for myself and my wife. Maybe 5-10% socializing with friends but mainly will be us two.

Hot Springs Envoy

Marquis Resort

Lazy boy Dream

Bullfrog  A8D

D1 Spas  diplomat

Hot Tub Forum

Narrowing down the choices
« on: July 17, 2016, 01:43:29 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Narrowing down the choices
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:17:16 pm »
 The list looks good!   The Lazy boy coming in at the btm though.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 06:20:09 pm »

Ditto.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MikeK157

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »
Was hoping to really like the Lazyboy but the wet test will determine that.

All inclusive model since its their highest end  unit. Nothing to upgrade

MikeK157

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:51:56 pm »

Ditto.

The Marquis and the bullfrog are the two im expecting it to come down to. Just hope they are in my 10-12k budget.

Threw the D1 and hot spring in there just to check them out.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:02:01 pm »
After 2 months or so of research and 10-15 companies visited i narrowed down the choices to these 5. Planning on wet testing next week. Are there any standing out here as 100% best to avoid or any users can say are great? Primary goal is therapeutic and massage purposes for myself and my wife. Maybe 5-10% socializing with friends but mainly will be us two.

Hot Springs Envoy

Marquis Resort

Lazy boy Dream

Bullfrog  A8D

D1 Spas  diplomat

Agreed, I think if you look closely at the construction of all of them you will find one that will be the sloppiest/messiest inside. Less quality layout.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »

Couldn't agree more. I love my marquis resort. The other tubs mentioned are quality as well but wouldn't definetely put the lazy boy at the bottom of that list

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:42 pm »
The Marquis Resort is one of the most visually appealing hot tubs on the market in my opinion.  Good luck in your search.

MikeK157

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 08:18:26 pm »
The Marquis Resort is one of the most visually appealing hot tubs on the market in my opinion.  Good luck in your search.

The Marquis is one of the ones i really hope to love. Trying that one out first Saturday morning.

I have a feeling it will come down to marquis and bullfrog

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »

The Marquis is one of the ones i really hope to love. Trying that one out first Saturday morning.

Depending on yours and your wife's height make sure you each try the lounge and the Adirondack seat. I'm about 5'9 average build and my wife is 5'5 or so and skinny. The Adirondack seat was the only lounge like seat that she didn't float out of. That's the only thing that eliminated me from having a marquis show in my backyard.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:36:01 pm »
You have some very nice premium spas on your list and you are wet testing so you're on the right track, The A8D and Envoy I've been in personally and would absolutely welcome either of those spas into my backyard no questions asked.  I've never soaked in a Marquis but they do have a solid reputation within the industry so at this point you are on the right track by simply wet testing and gauging your own family's comfort in either of those 3....D1 and Lazy Boy don't make my list so no comments on those...good luck and let us know how the wet testing goes

MikeK157

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:40 pm »

Depending on yours and your wife's height make sure you each try the lounge and the Adirondack seat. I'm about 5'9 average build and my wife is 5'5 or so and skinny. The Adirondack seat was the only lounge like seat that she didn't float out of. That's the only thing that eliminated me from having a marquis show in my backyard.

Wouldnt it be a good thing to not float in the seat?

Im 6"0 and wifes 5"5 so i hope we dont run into that issue although reading these forums it seems quite common. Thats a concern with the resort having so many jets in the lounging portion.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 10:19:29 pm »

Im 6"0 and wifes 5"5 so i hope we dont run into that issue although reading these forums it seems quite common. Thats a concern with the resort having so many jets in the lounging portion.

Correct that's why we went with the resort. The Adirondack seat was her favorite seat out of all the tubs i sell.

MikeK157

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 09:34:02 pm »

Correct that's why we went with the resort. The Adirondack seat was her favorite seat out of all the tubs i sell.

How is the lay down recliner on the resort? No floating with that one?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »
I don't float at all. My wife does a bit. That's why a wet test is important. Nice thing with the resort is each jet is adjustable and both pumps are 2 speed. Very easy to dial in the massage you are looking for

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42