What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: tub overheated  (Read 2442 times)

Jostudly

tub overheated
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
I did not use my hot tub for 2 days and I opened the cover to get a water sample and the water was at 44 degrees C with the OH code on the display. We have had high humidity and 30 C temps the last few days and was surprised that my tub would overheat. I turned of the tub which is a Hydropool 5000 and added cold water and left the cover off for 4 hrs. It has been 2 days now and the temp is only down to 37.5C and now have the FLO error. I replaced the filter but the jets no longer work. I am wondering if the tub being overheated for possibly 2 days that the pump is toast or another component. Soon as the tub is reset it circulated the water and you hear the motor but once the jet button is pushed the motor shuts off. I am having a tech come and look at it tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue? I thought hot tubs had a built in safety feature not to overheat.

Hot Tub Forum

tub overheated
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: tub overheated
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »
this is fairly common with a well insulated spa during the hot/humid summer months and it usually requires you to start with a lower set temp than normal and to dial down the length of your filter cycles during those months (some spas even have a "summer mode" built in to the controller)...when pumps run they create heat, that heat + the combination of 90+ degree temps and humidity will "overheat" the spa.  Now I'm not sure why you added cold water and it didn't return to "normal operation" like you said it could have created so much heat that is "fried" a component, of course your tech will determine that tomorrow...good luck

Jostudly

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 06:38:40 pm »
Tech came out today and thought it was the pump so replaced it. Then he said it did not work and also replace the spa package control module or computer. The jets work now but am getting the solid FLO error when the jets are on and off. Called the dealer again. I have my vents open and the filtering cycle for 4hrs twice a day between 5-9pm. I turned off the tub removed the filter made sure it was clean and put it back in and still get the FLO error. Also water is topped off where it should be. Any ideas  why I am still getting this error?

Jostudly

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »
Thought it also could be the pressure switch but i found out this is built into the control module which was replaced. Wonder if the new one is a lemon and need to get another one or if something else is causing this?

Jostudly

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 06:57:11 pm »
Well tech was back today and said he programmed the computer incorrectly. He put in a newer computer that is different from last year when I bought the tub. He said this was causing the FLO error and the heater not to work. I did not think you could program a computer wrong and have the jets work for a few hours and then not work again later with a FLO error. Anyways all seems good now and I drained my tub and I am refilling it. I am wondering since it is too late to add chemicals tonight if I should wait till tomorrow to turn on the tub or should I heat it up tonight and then add them tomorrow?

Jostudly

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »
Well here we go again 1 week later and my jets will not turn on with a FLO error. Not sure if I got a lemon computer or what but need to get this FLO error fixed. Tech coming back tomorrow. I am wondering if it could be the pressure switch. Is this switch part of the spa pack computer or separate? I also have been using skimmer socks to keep my filter clean and wondering if these cause FLO errors? Went back out 1 hr later and turned the temp down 1 degree and hit jets and working again. Seems to be intermittent.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:51:36 pm by Jostudly »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42