What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-335 - FL1 Error..water temp staying at 91 degrees  (Read 4130 times)

fantom

I have a 2004 Jacuzzi J-335 that has a FL1 Error code. I tried to increase the temperature to 100 however it is staying at 91.
Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

PS heater element and flow switch were changed  a few years back.

T.I.A
Phil

Hot Tub Forum

fantom

Re: Jacuzzi J-335 - FL1 Error..water temp staying at 91 degrees
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
PS..removed filters and im getting suction. Pressed + and - and im still getting the FL1 error. Red heater light is not going on.
I'll run it for a bit to see if running it w/o the filters works.

fantom

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 09:41:29 pm »
Post read 67 times but no replies

grifter345

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »
Fantom, I may a bit out of my element as I am new to the forum myself, but I have the same FL1 error.  I believe that means that the flow switch is registering no water flow through the circulation pump circuit.  It could be: A) because the flow switch isn't working properly (i.e. broken or stuck) - even though there is water flow, or B) because there truly is no water flow.  I think that is why you aren't getting any heating, because the controller THINKS there is no water flow and since the water is heated as it runs through the circulation pumps, if the controller thinks the water isn't flowing, then it won't turn on the heater.  BTW, over time, I assume your temperature will continue to drop.

So you first need to figure out if the water is flowing or not.  Since you have suction, you should have water flowing out of the "aerating" outlet.  If that is true, then it is likely you have a problem with your flow switch.  If you read this and reply, then we can keep going on this together...but it's been a few days since you posted this, so perhaps you've already fixed it.  If so, please let me know what you did.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:16:17 pm by grifter345 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42