What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Custom Order or Floor Model  (Read 4150 times)

cothermans

Custom Order or Floor Model
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »
Hi!  We are new to hot tubbing and have put a deposit on a Hot Springs Flair floor model that is being used for wet tests.  We are getting the Flair, chemicals, cover, lift, steps, bluetooth audio system (instead of the free ACE system), and delivery for $7,995.  If we order one we would get everything listed except the audio system for the same price.  We would really like the audio system but don't know if it would be better to get a hot tub that hasn't been used for wet testing and pay extra for the audio or if the floor model will operate just fine with the bonus of the free audio.

Also, it currently has the ACE salt water system on it which we don't want.  We're a little concerned that having the ACE system on it then going back to chemicals may cause issues.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:25:44 pm by cothermans »

Hot Tub Forum

Custom Order or Floor Model
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:14:40 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Custom Order or Floor Model
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:59:23 am »
Hi!  We are new to hot tubbing and have put a deposit on a Hot Springs Flair floor model that is being used for wet tests.  We are getting the Flair, chemicals, cover, lift, steps, bluetooth audio system (instead of the free ACE system), and delivery for $7,995.  If we order one we would get everything listed except the audio system for the same price.  We would really like the audio system but don't know if it would be better to get a hot tub that hasn't been used for wet testing and pay extra for the audio or if the floor model will operate just fine with the bonus of the free audio.

Also, it currently has the ACE salt water system on it which we don't want.  We're a little concerned that having the ACE system on it then going back to chemicals may cause issues.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

The Ace system is sanitizer. If you don't have the Ace system you still need sanitizer.
Retired

cothermans

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:18 am »

The Ace system is sanitizer. If you don't have the Ace system you still need sanitizer.

I understand that and plan on using chemicals.  My concern is that switching from salt to chemicals will cause issues.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:02:47 am »
Might help if you list what kind of "issues" you're imagining might exist.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 11:18:17 am »

I understand that and plan on using chemicals.  My concern is that switching from salt to chemicals will cause issues.

If you drain in between I can't see what kind of issue you would have. Its no different than if someone is using bromine and wants to switch to chlorine, drain and wipe it down and you should be able to switch sanitizing methods.

As far as floor models go I'm a fan of going that route to get the better deal as long as the warranty is fully in tact (should not be an issue but always ask them to state as such on the invoice) and as long as you're being compensated in a way that makes sense. In your case you say you want the added audio system that comes with it so it sounds like a deal. If the audio system wasn't something you would get otherwise then I might advise you to skip it and go with one just arrived. Of course you want a fresh set of filters with that.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cothermans

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 12:05:34 pm »

This will be our first hot tub so no idea what issues could arise but have read a lot of bad reviews/horror stories on the salt systems. This made us a little concerned that the floor model we are planning on purchasing since it already has the salt water system on it.  It does come with the full warranty upon delivery so maybe we're just over thinking things.

cothermans

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 12:08:22 pm »
If you drain in between I can't see what kind of issue you would have. Its no different than if someone is using bromine and wants to switch to chlorine, drain and wipe it down and you should be able to switch sanitizing methods.

As far as floor models go I'm a fan of going that route to get the better deal as long as the warranty is fully in tact (should not be an issue but always ask them to state as such on the invoice) and as long as you're being compensated in a way that makes sense. In your case you say you want the added audio system that comes with it so it sounds like a deal. If the audio system wasn't something you would get otherwise then I might advise you to skip it and go with one just arrived. Of course you want a fresh set of filters with that.

Good call on the filter!  We didn't think of that but will definitely confirm with the dealer!  Thanks!!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »

This will be our first hot tub so no idea what issues could arise but have read a lot of bad reviews/horror stories on the salt systems. This made us a little concerned that the floor model we are planning on purchasing since it already has the salt water system on it.  It does come with the full warranty upon delivery so maybe we're just over thinking things.

Hot Spring has a 2 year policy I believe, as long as the floor model is LESS than 2 years old from the date of manufacturer you will still receive full warranty once the spa is delivered to your property...just remember though as far as the actual ACE Saltwater component is concerned there is only a 1 year warranty and you'll want to make sure they honor that from day of delivery because that salt cell could already be 5-6 months old, depending on how long that spa has been on the floor

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:51:19 pm »
Doesn't salt react to something in the cell and become chlorine?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:51:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42