What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New potential buyer  (Read 7944 times)

mpkelley20

Re: New potential buyer
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:31:28 pm »
Well,  been a few months since I almost bought a tub.  Seeing a few other brands on this forum above Sundance and Hot Springs made me want to go check them out.  I went and looked at some Caldera and Marquis but the dealer did not have the specific ones I was considering in stock.  The dealer actually ordered them in the colors I wanted with no obligation to buy.  He called me end of last week and we arranged a wet test.  I was most interested in the Marquis Promise because of size, power of jets (especially the leg massage jets in this tub), different seat heights and the fact that it is made in the U.S. (sure some parts are probably made elsewhere....you can't win them all).  I also tested a Caldera spa (forget the name).

The Promise was very nice and I was comfortable in every seat.  Loved the look, lights, fountains...everything.  So I currently have a deposit on it until my electrician can come out and tell me the tub can go where I want it to go.  So I am very happy right now!

The Caldera was nice (it was a utopia model) but I was floating quite a bit in it vs. the Marquis.

I never wet tested the Optima.  My issue was the price around that.  The Marquis is $4500 less than the Optima and it has what I want and I loved how it felt. 

Now the waiting begins until my electrician comes back from vacation!

And HUGE shout out to Hottubguy for working with me on my search.  He never once acted like a sales guy.  No talking me into something bigger or more expensive.  And zero pressure to "buy now" like my other experiences.  Not sure if it is OK to mention companies but he owns Apollo Pools in Lakeville.  Excellent place!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:33:45 pm by mpkelley20 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:31:28 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:37:38 pm »
Look forward to working with you!

DKRanger22

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 10:07:53 pm »
Hottubguy has been very informative in my short time posting on here.   Great resource to have not only close to home, but also as your selling dealer!  Congrats on the purchase!

mpkelley20

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 11:07:15 am »
Finalized my purchase this weekend.  Stayed with the Promise.  Brought the wife and kids to see it and they all loved it (although the kids would have preferred the Caldera Canterbury which is the size of a house). 

Thanks again to Hottubguy for his patience, willingness to help regardless of what I bought and for having a great sale this past weekend. 

As for delivery, it is ready to go on his end but I have some garage cleaning to do so my electrician can run the lines.  Hoping to have this all setup in about 2 weeks but could easily be 4.  Unless Hottubguy wants to come over and help clean.  :)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 09:07:11 pm »
Finalized my purchase this weekend.  Stayed with the Promise.  Brought the wife and kids to see it and they all loved it (although the kids would have preferred the Caldera Canterbury which is the size of a house). 

Thanks again to Hottubguy for his patience, willingness to help regardless of what I bought and for having a great sale this past weekend. 

As for delivery, it is ready to go on his end but I have some garage cleaning to do so my electrician can run the lines.  Hoping to have this all setup in about 2 weeks but could easily be 4.  Unless Hottubguy wants to come over and help clean.  :)

Thank you Mr Kelley!  It was a pleasure doing business with you. My wife is a hell of a cleaner but she doesn't come cheap....I'm going to be busy delivering quite a few new tubs these next couple of weeks. Are fall sale ended up going very well!

mpkelley20

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 09:35:10 am »
Good to hear.  You had a million tubs on display.  That Vector 94 in Tuscan was beautiful.  Just a tad too big!

mpkelley20

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 am »
My tub was delivered yesterday!  Electrical getting done tomorrow so hopefully will be up and running for some soaking either late tomorrow night or Sunday!

Again, thanks to Matt (Hottubguy) and his crew for their service so far.  The delivery was scheduled pretty quickly to accommodate my electrician's availability so he had his crew working pretty late yesterday.  Much appreciated. 

I will post up pics later when I can access my cloud sites on my home computer.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »
Let me know when electrical is all set.  I can come by tomorrow after I leave work to go over operating of the tub with you.  Glad we could get it to you so quick.  Fortunately for me my guys love getting all the overtime they can get so they don't mind working late.  Will talk soon!

MarKee

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2016, 08:04:05 pm »
Congrats, the Marquis Promise is a great tub.  I am thinking about downsizing from the Epic model to the Promise very soon.

mpkelley20

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 08:53:17 am »
I've spent the last two nights in my tub after my workouts.  What a difference it makes!  I still can't decide which is my favorite seat in the tub.  Each one is so different and I am really enjoying the more shallow seats which is surprising.  But I would probably lean towards the left hand deep seat (which is the seconds deepest).  That seems to be where a gravitate towards more often.  And the two Hot Zone leg jets are insane.  I am very happy with the Promise.  I definitely did not need a bigger tub.  Glad I didn't jump on that Optima which was close to twice the price....

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 12:26:10 pm »
Glad you are enjoying it Matt. Glad are paths crossed on this site. I'm sure we will talk soon, for now enjoy it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 12:26:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42