What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New potential buyer  (Read 7946 times)

mpkelley20

New potential buyer
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:17 pm »
I'm sure I am beating a dead horse here but I am looking for some feedback on pricing. 

I am looking at 4 models and the below prices include a cover, lifter, ozonator, steps, $1-4 credit for chemicals and "ordinary" delivery.

1.  Sundance Certa - $9,995
2.  Sundance Chelsea - $10,995
3.  Hot Springs Flair - $8,995
4.  Hot Springs Pulse - $9,995

These prices are on the basic hot tub with no added features other than what is mentioned above.  I am not sure how much wiggle room there is with negotiating prices but it seems like there is either zero or quite a bit depending on the vendor.  The vendor here is very well know in our area and has serviced my neighbor for over 12 years with glowing reviews.  That definitely accounts for something!

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

New potential buyer
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:17 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New potential buyer
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:04:59 pm »
  I think the HS prices are in line, Sundance seems a bit high. 

mpkelley20

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:20:49 pm »
Thanks!  I'm still in early stages right now but understanding these costs early on is important to me since I know I still have to pay electric and ongoing chemicals and power costs.

Right now, based solely on looks, I like the HS better. But I need to learn more about the inter and and spend more time sitting in them. My wife does not like the lounge seat so that's why we are considering the Chelsea or pulse.

mpkelley20

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 08:43:29 am »
My wife wants me to consider a smaller tub like the HS Glow.  So guess I am now looking at that one as well!  Although I feel like if we go too small, we will regret it.  I don't see us having parties where we will have lots of people over to use it so most I see is 4 of us (wife and I and our two kids).  But I still feel like it will be too small.....

mpkelley20

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:11 am »
Ok...got two more quotes on two different models

1.  HS Glow - $7995 - This seems high to me for what you get with a tub this small.  So if this is a decent price, I would rather spend $1K more for the Flair or $2K more for the Pulse.

2.  Jaccuzi J-345 (for the open seating) - $11,500 ($11,000 after $500 rebate).  I can't find any pricing ranges on this other than stuff from 2012 where those prices were well below 10K...more like 8 to 9K. 

Thoughts?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:59:11 am »
Agree with Jim...Glow is in line.  Same equipment as Flair and Pulse, hence the price.

Jacuzzi seems high.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

mpkelley20

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 12:13:06 pm »
Thank you!  The prices I am getting from the dealer are "rough prices" so I can push a little I think.  My next step is to go back again and sit in them to see what they feel like.  I did a lot this past weekend but I was looking at so many I don't remember which ones I sat in and which ones I did not!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 12:38:58 pm »
Is this all from 1 dealer?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 02:43:00 pm »
My wife wants me to consider a smaller tub like the HS Glow.  So guess I am now looking at that one as well!  Although I feel like if we go too small, we will regret it.  I don't see us having parties where we will have lots of people over to use it so most I see is 4 of us (wife and I and our two kids).  But I still feel like it will be too small.....

I'm with you, people complain far more often afterward that they wish they had gone bigger than you'll hear them complain about getting bigger than they need and $1k spread out over the life of a spa isn't that much more (though I know its not my $$ we're talking about  ;))!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mpkelley20

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »
Is this all from 1 dealer?

Yes.  It is a dealer that has been around for a while in my area and one that my neighbor has used for the last 12 years with nothing but great things to say about them.  One of my cousins used them as well with great results. 

They carry Sundance, Hot Springs and Jacuzzi.  They have a nice showroom that I can eventually wet test some of these.  The pricing they have given me is "worst case" from what they say.  They stock inventory so if I am not stuck on a color combination that needs to be ordered, there is room to work. 

mpkelley20

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 03:54:06 pm »

I'm with you, people complain far more often afterward that they wish they had gone bigger than you'll hear them complain about getting bigger than they need and $1k spread out over the life of a spa isn't that much more (though I know its not my $$ we're talking about  ;))!

So far, since November, I have bought solar panels for my house, put in a brand new very large driveway and did some landscaping.  This is an unscheduled purchase to say the least!  But we have an in-ground pool that is 3 years old that we spend a ton of time at with our kids and we were given a "lazy spa" inflatable hot tub last year that we seemed to spend just as much time in as the pool.  The pump died so that is why we are considering a "real" hot tub.  Plus, this can be used year round vs the inflatable one which could not.   We are not huge travelers so our pool area is kind of our sanctuary.  A hot tub will add to that (at least this is what I keep telling myself!)

mpkelley20

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:12 pm »
Well,  things change quickly when you visit the showroom again.  I am now considering the Sundance Optima.... My two choices are the HS Pulse which I quoted price above and the Optima which I could get for $12,400. I know they are two different levels of spa being mid range vs high end so the benefits to the optima are somewhat clear.  I like the seating and jets in the sundance better than the HS but I like the headrests and lighting better in the HS.

So now I am down to the final stages here.  Is the Optima price in line with others?  The price includes delivery, stairs, cover, lift, chemicals and an ozanator.

Thanks

mpkelley20

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »
Tried pressing harder on price for the Optima but they say that is there bottom price.  Since we are in MA, I think we get crappier pricing because of shipping....

Another decision is color.  Wife like Monaco.  I like Platinum.  Both with mahogany bases.  Does anyone here have Monaco?  How does the lighting look?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 03:34:02 pm »
NE spas is where it sounds like where you are shopping. They are known to be a bit higher with there prices but have great customer service. I'm in the southeast part of the state and go head to head with them every now and then

mpkelley20

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »
Feel free to PM me you info.  I am in East bridgewater area so possibly nearby.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 04:19:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42