What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OPTIMA 880 BLOWER  (Read 1699 times)

AMMOT23

OPTIMA 880 BLOWER
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:31 am »
hello ,i recently purchased a sundance optima 880,it is a 2007.i am having issues with my air blower,it seems to be working(moving air) but no bubbles are coming out(one of the jets mite get a trickle of air once in a while).the other symptom is at times it makes a sound almost like someone blowing through a tuba or something similiar(my thought would be a blockage),now if i hook up my shop vac reverse through the aromatheorpy hole i can get bubbles out of all the jets,so if it was an obstruction i would have thought it was blown out by now,so could the blower motor be weak,im not sure how it is plumbed ,if there is one check valve or if each individual jet has a check valve,could the motor be weak enough not to open the check valve,like i said im not sure of the basics of the plumbing im only assuming,thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

OPTIMA 880 BLOWER
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:31 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: OPTIMA 880 BLOWER
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:59:08 pm »
 I am guessing the motor is just not strong enough, chance of a major blockage/kinked hoses is like 10% unless it's been there all along, again low percentage.    Most people I know with Sundance spa's never worry about replacing the blower after it fails.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: OPTIMA 880 BLOWER
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 02:59:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42