What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Crown Classsic Information  (Read 3390 times)

InHotWaterAgain

Nordic Crown Classsic Information
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »
Hello all,

I thought I would pass on some information that I have learned about my Nordic Crown classic, not the XL version.
Over all I am pleased with the construction and operation of the tub. Its a good value.

The documentation, on the other hand, is lacking or out of date. The web site is wimpy and not very useful. This forum, however, is very useful  ;D

For example. To find out the brand and part number for the filter, I had to email Nordic, then email again with my serial number for them
to provide such simple information.

Spa Model                      Nordic #                Unicel #       Pleatco #    Filbur #    Waterway #
Crown (after 2014)         CARTRIDGE-T35     4CH-935     PWW35L    NA           817-4035

Other simple information, like how to operate the jets is completely missing.

Their manual states that the Crown runs on 220 volts only, however, it is convertible and available from the factory wired for 120 volts.
It appears that they finally changed this data on their web site!

The manual is supposed to cover all models, and in doing so leaves out important differences in how to operate the tub.
For example, there is an option to change how long the filter cycle runs, which the manual says is settable from 1 to 8 hours, however the setting is actually the number of hours the cycle will run in a 12 hour period.

The warranty is a limited lifetime on the shell only. The electrical components are only a three year warranty (which is still pretty good)
The manual describes a Standard, Economy, and Sleep mode. The Crown classic does not have these options.

I would recommend adding the ozone generator option to keep water sanitized better, and also for the forceful extra jet that it provides. That forceful jet is the one I like the most for the bottom of my foot !
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:02:10 pm by InHotWaterAgain »

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Crown Classsic Information
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Nordic Crown Classsic Information
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:04:51 pm »
Your dealer should have been able to give you all this information.  For the filter google works wonders to look up what you need.  Their website is kind of lacking but it's on par or better then their competitors sites.  Nordic's are usually carried as a second line.  For the pricepoint the warranty is unbeatable and tech support at the factory is second to none.  Both Rodney and Shawn in tech support are super knowlegable.  I don't really push the ozone as it doesn't do a heck of a lot. 

InHotWaterAgain

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 03:00:28 pm »
Hi Hot tub guy..

Yea, the dealer I bought the tub from is not real good at returning calls, and its a bit of a drive to the show room and I would not be purchasing supplies from them anyway... so I thought the manufacturer would have the relevant information.

Search the internet using Google??? Geez,  I never thought of that !  :o

Well I hope I never have to rely on the warranty or tech support, but its nice to know that they do a good job in that department.
A couple of pre-purchase messages I sent to sales department were never returned.

I have owned a few tubs in the last 25 years, both with and without ozone, and I can attest that it definitely does help prolong the time between water changes and reduces the amount of chlorine I need to use. Its not a sanitize replacement, but does prolong it. Maybe dealers don't push them because it leads to lower chemical sales. What is your opinion based on?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:38:29 pm »
My opinion is based on the fact that ozone isn't that effective when only run 4-6 hours a day.  I recommend them on tubs with circ pumps which nordic doesn't have

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:50:09 pm »
My opinion is based on the fact that ozone isn't that effective when only run 4-6 hours a day.  I recommend them on tubs with circ pumps which nordic doesn't have

Agreed

Good overall rating on this very good value line.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:50:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42