What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Birds or tree frogs  (Read 2418 times)

BleepB

Birds or tree frogs
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:52:03 am »
Hummm. Well we bought our first hot tub and used it last night for the first time. Opened it this morning to find what I thought was bird poop on one of the seats. I searched this site and nothing came up, but, saw on a gardenweb site that this lady was experiencing tree frogs jumping into the tub at night while she was using it. I checked the filter this morning and nothing was in the basket. Someone on the garden site suggested a bird netting to put over the tub. Say they crawl in through the middle gap. Anyone have this happen and does anything prevent them from getting into the tub at night. We do have spring peepers here and of course a lot of birds.  :-\

Hot Tub Forum

Birds or tree frogs
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:52:03 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Birds or tree frogs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 09:43:23 am »
Just wondering how the frogs could get under the cover? I get spiders but they only hang out on my cover.  Is there any way that it's a clump of chemicals, perhaps alkalinity increaser that just formed a ball and wasn't moved by the water? I think bird poop would dissolve pretty fast.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

BleepB

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:50:11 pm »
That is what I was wondering too but I guess through the middle crease of the cover.  We checked it out this morning and it seems pretty tight. I didn't think of undissolved minerals. I'll keep an eye on that. Thank you.

flava flav

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »
Falva thinks it might be a lap flounder or 2.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:52 pm »
 When I was doing service I would find frogs in the strangest places in a hot tub.   Funniest ones were the ones that made it into the control box and would be dried out hanging on dead from electrocution on the circuit board or a hot wire.   I had a collection at one point of all these little dead frogs in different positions all dried out.      8) but  :'(

InHotWaterAgain

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »
Perhaps it was undissolved chemicals (alkalinity, chlorine...)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42