What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 base dimensions?  (Read 5126 times)

dmcmillen

Bullfrog A7 base dimensions?
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:05:50 am »
Hello all,

First time hot tub buyer here. We purchased a Bullfrog A7 over the weekend and are eagerly anticipating its arrival. While I had done all of my electrical quotes and HOA approval beforehand, I didn't realize the 12'x12' concrete pad we had out back was sloped for drainage (1/4" per foot).

I'm looking at options for creating a level surface and came across the Spa Level-R. Does anyone have the base dimensions of the A7 so I can order this in advance? Are there other options, such as pouring a level platform on top of the existing pad, or is it a tear out?

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 base dimensions?
« on: April 26, 2016, 08:05:50 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Bullfrog A7 base dimensions?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 08:48:38 am »
Welcome to the forum.  The 1/4" slope per foot won't affect your tub too much, and is good for keeping water from pooling up around it after rain.   The worst thing that can happen is if you frequently have 4-5 people in the tub most times and you go out by yourself the water level may be a little lower and some high mounted jets may be above the water line.  Chances are your bull frog is designed with that in mind and you have the luxury of moving jets around. Good luck with your installation.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Racenut

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:57:36 am »
They recommend no more than half inch over 8’. Yours will be more like 1.5 -2.0”. I personally think that’s more than I would want.

I would dam up the edges and pour a layer of self-leveling concrete over the surface. Does your pad butt up to the house where raising the high side a half inch would be a problem?

dporter22

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 08:51:28 pm »
I looked into the Spa Level-R since the pad for my A7 is sloped also.  I ultimately decided against it and haven't had a problem, but it looked like the best option short of pouring new concrete if you want your spa perfectly level.

dmcmillen

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »
Thanks for the responses. I ended up purchasing the Spa Level-R. I'll report back when I get everything set up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42