What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New artesian heater stopped working  (Read 2797 times)

htnj

New artesian heater stopped working
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »
Brand new 2016 Pelican Bay. Been filled for about a week. When the spa was running there was a red thermometer icon on the topside to indicate the heater was on.

Suddenly today I notice the temp showing 95 and no heat. No matter what I do heat won't turn on. This is not a case of heat being on and not getting hot, this seems like heat isn't even trying to turn on.  If I check fault log the only thing I see is message code 44 error j29

There is nothing in the manual or on balboa website to tell me what it is.

Also, last night, after about 45 minutes one of the pumps shut off and would not turn back on no matter what. I waited like 10 minutes then it worked fine and has been fine.

Any ideas now? I called the dealer but they're closed until Monday.

This is not comforting for an allegedly top spa that we paid nearly 15k for.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

New artesian heater stopped working
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:18:08 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New artesian heater stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:49:05 pm »
1 week that's tough. But you have to wait for the dealer to come over in a couple days.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 04:20:25 pm »
Very unfortunate, but don't worry.  That is an extremely well made hot tub and Artesian stands behind their product with a good warranty.  Problems do occasionally arise on a brand new spa.  That's what the warranty is for.

htnj

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:01 am »
Well I figured it out.

There's basically 0 information in the owners manual or the Internet about this tub or even the balboa controls it uses.

On the balboa website itself when I search the model number of the controls I get 0 results. 

Anyway, when the tech was here Friday repairing a damaged wire, he must have unplugged something for access and then plugged it back into the wrong spot. I traced every single wire on the schematic printed on the pack cover. Finally I found the 1 plug which was in the wrong spot. I moved it to where it was supposed to be and everything has been working just fine.

I did find some water dripping from the air control knob but I removed and reseated it and now it seems fine.

All is well now. Just need to figure out the mega ph spike now.

MrLobster

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:01:09 am »
Well done tracing out the error, that's pretty impressive.

I've got the Artesian Antigua, it has what appears to be a BP601 (UK equivalent of BP501) control pack with a TP800 control panel.  The bezel around the panel is a custom shape but button layout and menus are the same.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 09:01:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42