What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Laing E10 circulation Pump noise  (Read 6401 times)

Tim Tindall

Laing E10 circulation Pump noise
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:22:42 pm »
I have a Jacuzzi J300 and in the last week the circulation pump has started making a noise on every revalution it turns.
Has anyone got any ideas, please.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:14:08 am by Tim Tindall »

Hot Tub Forum

Laing E10 circulation Pump noise
« on: April 21, 2016, 01:22:42 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pump noise
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 02:27:05 pm »
 Matter of time till it dies.   You could remove the filter and see if the noise changes.  If it does give the filter a really good cleaning, is this an older Jacuzzi?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
How old is it?
Retired

Tim Tindall

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 03:55:23 am »
Hi.
The label on the tub states manufactured in 2009. The circulation pump is a Laing E10.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Regards,
Tim.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 08:21:17 am »
Hi.
The label on the tub states manufactured in 2009. The circulation pump is a Laing E10.
Regards,
Tim.

Here you go for when it dies, they are easy to replace  ;)  There are other places to buy from, just Google part #6000-125 220v circ pump.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151835144855?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 09:05:56 pm »
Hi.
Regards,
Tim.

For those contemplating a circ pump, yes 7 years is normal. I have seen shorter life spans and longer ones. Expect it to need maintenance during the life of the tub.
Retired

Tim Tindall

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 03:12:51 am »
Rather than replace the whole pump, could it be the impeller, which seems to be available to buy a lot cheaper than a pump ?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Laing E10 circulation Pump noise
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:56:52 am »
 After 14 years I have seen People try to repair them, but it never works for long.  Usually it's the motor/magnet part that fails.  The impeller is free floating in there, some try to clean it or re-build the thing and it might run for awhile, in the end they buy a new one.   Wait till it dies bite the bullet and replace it. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 07:41:31 pm »
After 14 years I have seen People try to repair them, but it never works for long.  Usually it's the motor/magnet part that fails.  The impeller is free floating in there, some try to clean it or re-build the thing and it might run for awhile, in the end they buy a new one.   Wait till it dies bite the bullet and replace it.

And the labor cost will make it a wash. I'm a entire component guy in these cases, shoot for another 7-10. A burnt motor down the road won't spin a newer impeller either.
Retired

Tim Tindall

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »
Thanks for all your replies.
I have taken the pump apart and have found that the stainless steel bowl behind the plastic impellor blade is touching the inside bowl of the motor side. Shiny strip around both. The impellor side drops onto a ceramic ball magnetically. This ball sits inside on a nylon / plastic concave housing. I cannot imagine the ceramic ball could wear, more likely the nylon side, which happens to give black colour on your finger when touched. Could the impellor side only be replaced ?
Regards,
Tim.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 02:39:41 pm »
Thanks for all your replies.
I have taken the pump apart and have found that the stainless steel bowl behind the plastic impellor blade is touching the inside bowl of the motor side. Shiny strip around both. The impellor side drops onto a ceramic ball magnetically. This ball sits inside on a nylon / plastic concave housing. I cannot imagine the ceramic ball could wear, more likely the nylon side, which happens to give black colour on your finger when touched. Could the impellor side only be replaced ?
Regards,
Tim.

like 2 people have already stated, you are completely wasting your time repairing a 7 year old circ pump, they NEVER operate properly after they are taken apart, it needs to be replaced.

Tim Tindall

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 03:50:54 am »
Okay, will replace but is there any other makes of pumps that I can replace it with other than the very expensive Laing one ?
Regards,
Tim.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »
   You might be able to find something similar but, your not going to find any that are much cheaper.   Cheap here being the key word.

And Google is your friend..   3/4" slip fitting 220v circ pump.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42