What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Plug and play vs wired  (Read 3181 times)

navsolomon

Plug and play vs wired
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »
So I live in southern california near palm springs and am debating between a plug and play vs wired hot tub.  I have solar power at my house.  There is a spot where it would be easier to put a plug and play instead of a wired.  Question I have is on average how long does it take for a plug and play 300 gallon hot tub to heat up?  Do most people when done using just turn down the temperature to use less electricity and then when they want to get back in, turn it back up?  This home is likely not going to be a long term place so am not sure the benefit of spending the extra money on a wired hot tub...but wanted to get some ideas.

Hot Tub Forum

Plug and play vs wired
« on: April 20, 2016, 01:44:31 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Plug and play vs wired
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:27:50 pm »
 Even plug and play spa's can usually be hard wired as well, just means running electrical to it.  Power wise being in so-cal you could probably get away with running it in an economy mode ( heats during filter cycle) instead of a std mode (heats when it calls for heat)

How long to heat up here in the PNW summer time a day and a half if that to 102*  Down there with 60* water out of the tap, guessing a day or less?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »
Or are you asking how long to heat up if you drop the temp between uses? A 110 volt tub will heat about 1-3 degrees per hour. a 220V tub will heat 4-8 deg per hour. So if your talking between uses then it depends on how much it drops from your preferred temp.
Retired

InHotWaterAgain

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »
Installed a 120 volt, 15 amp unit in December in the northeast and it took almost 48 hours to heat up to 100 degrees. Not surprising, but the wait anticipation was a killer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 03:37:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42