What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leave temp high, or raise temp before each use?  (Read 3279 times)

ssteve

Leave temp high, or raise temp before each use?
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »
Just got my spa, and wondering if I'm best off to leave it at the temp I plan to sit in it at(102-103), or lower it after every use and then raise it before I get in each time?

I'll be using it at least 4 days a week for 20-30min.

Hot Tub Forum

Leave temp high, or raise temp before each use?
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:04:54 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Leave temp high, or raise temp before each use?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 01:53:15 pm »
Just got my spa, and wondering if I'm best off to leave it at the temp I plan to sit in it at(102-103), or lower it after every use and then raise it before I get in each time?

I assume you have a well insulated spa/cover so by all means leave it up to temp and so you can use it at a moment's notice and know its ready to go.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ssteve

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:39:17 pm »
Yeah it's a sundance Capri with a blue water cover so I think it's pretty well insulated. Shoot I can't get it to cool down when I want it too lol.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:06:26 pm »
4 days a week, leave it at temp. Turning it down may save you $1 - $3 a month, but the inconvenience would never be worth it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 08:41:56 pm »
Spoil yourself, you deserve it.......
Retired

Compatico

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 10:28:24 pm »
I concur with the others...leave it at the set temp you prefer so it's always ready to go. It won't save you much dropping it and raising it again and the convenience of saying, "lets go for a soak" and not have to wait an hour for it to warm up is worth the couple of bucks you'd save.

InHotWaterAgain

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:44:52 pm »
On the other hand, there is an environmental cost to wasting electricity. Each kWhr produces around 2 pounds of carbon dioxide when burning coal, and some amount of other pollutants.
Its the same argument about turning your home heating down when you are not there. Do what ever you feel is right, but there is always a hidden cost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 03:44:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42