What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?  (Read 69627 times)

FL Person

Re: Any recent opinions on Bullfrog Spas?
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 11:23:19 pm »
What do I love.  It is efficient, sure, but I love the jetpacks.  I can pick the ones I want and I can move them from location to location. I also really like how the plumbing is designed.  Far fewer opportunities for leaks and the plumbing is fairly accessible if a leak does occur (which hasn't happened).  What would I do different if I were buying a new one.  I'd buy a unit with two pumps.  Mine only has one and will not run everything at full strength at one time.  Since their are usually only one or two in the tub at a time I just turn off the nozzles on the jetpacks we aren't using, so I have a workaround, but a second pump would be great.

I agree with the above.  Having never owned a spa before this one, I did a lot of reading and specifically opted not to get a lounger model based on feedback from this forum.  While it is nice to be able to move the jetpaks, I find that I simply rotate through the various seats to use the three jetpaks in my R6.  If it were a lounger model, I'd probably feel compelled to constantly move the jetpaks to the lounger position.

And I've already emailed Bullfrog stating my disappointment with the pressure, or lack thereof, in the R6 with the single 2.5 hp pump.  When in the tub by myself - which is more often than not - I always keep the two jetpaks I'm not using turned off, as well as several of the non-jetpaks jets, in order to keep decent pressure in the jetpak I'm using.  There is a noticeable loss of pressure (and enjoyment) when more than one jetpak is operational at a time.

Bullfrog responded (two weeks later) by effectively saying - "sorry, that's just the way it is."

FL Person

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2016, 11:23:19 pm »

Tummy54

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 08:30:48 am »
I contacted bullfrog directly because they broke twice before the year warranty was up. They said they had made an upgrade to the speakers and were going to replace all of them. I was told the new ones would come with a year warranty. Has been about 6 months and 1/2 are broke again.
So we will see what happens next. Hope they stand by their product, I will keep the board posted, so people thinking about buying are informed of how Bullfrog handles equipment problems.

Sam

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2016, 03:38:18 pm »
I always recommend avoiding the stereo in any hot tub.  I've never seen a brand that got it right.

Michelle77

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2019, 08:58:06 am »
I wanted to post a current opinion on Bullfrog Spas. We just received our A8 last week and are very happy. We wet tested several of the top competitors (Jacuzzi, Master, etc) and read more reviews than we could digest (i.e Hot Tub University will have you questioning everything). Ultimately, my husband felt the massage capabilities on the Bullfrog Jetpacks were much nicer. We sacrificed a few more leg jets and comfy seating (in other brands) for a more spacious tub that offered a good therapeutic massage. The structure and interior components all looked quite good upon arrival and it was really just the new smell on the head pillows that bothered us. Some pros: All jets can be run at once, it's quiet, water filtration seems great so far (water doesn't smell). We've also custom switched the packs around to get the right massage on each seat. We got the neckblaster, pulsator, versa, wellness, rainwater, and oscillator and love them all. I'd like to post again after a few months of use but as of now, we are quite satisfied in choosing a Bullfrog.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2019, 07:30:59 pm »
I wanted to post a current opinion on Bullfrog Spas. We just received our A8 last week and are very happy. We wet tested several of the top competitors (Jacuzzi, Master, etc) and read more reviews than we could digest (i.e Hot Tub University will have you questioning everything). Ultimately, my husband felt the massage capabilities on the Bullfrog Jetpacks were much nicer. We sacrificed a few more leg jets and comfy seating (in other brands) for a more spacious tub that offered a good therapeutic massage. The structure and interior components all looked quite good upon arrival and it was really just the new smell on the head pillows that bothered us. Some pros: All jets can be run at once, it's quiet, water filtration seems great so far (water doesn't smell). We've also custom switched the packs around to get the right massage on each seat. We got the neckblaster, pulsator, versa, wellness, rainwater, and oscillator and love them all. I'd like to post again after a few months of use but as of now, we are quite satisfied in choosing a Bullfrog.

You do realize the hot tub university is nothing more than a Master Spa sales gimmic?
Retired

swilly1000

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2019, 08:54:28 am »

You do realize the hot tub university is nothing more than a Master Spa sales gimmic?

You do realize that HTU endorses several brands other than Master?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2019, 12:41:52 pm »

Correct...….But only if you pay him.  Good for him he gets to make some money off running that site and manufacturers pay him to endorse there products.  Pretty much like every other review site on the internet

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2019, 03:05:04 pm »

Correct...….But only if you pay him.  Good for him he gets to make some money off running that site and manufacturers pay him to endorse there products.  Pretty much like every other review site on the internet

His top (2) brands in all of the industry based on his reviews are Master and PDC  :-X :-X :-X enough said

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2019, 08:29:56 am »

Makes this shill seem legit doesn't it? Fools a lot of people, including some here.
Retired

swilly1000

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2019, 09:09:01 am »

Makes this shill seem legit doesn't it? Fools a lot of people, including some here.

It never ends. There's just no dealing with the Master haters.  They will go to any length to trash the brand and those who endorse it.  It's uncanny.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2019, 11:55:53 am »

It never ends. There's just no dealing with the Master haters.  They will go to any length to trash the brand and those who endorse it.  It's uncanny.

You say hater, we say others are far greater!

Tomayto/tomahto, potayto/potahto lets call the whole post off!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2019, 03:36:38 pm »

Well, Master has deceived thousands and thousands of people for lots and lots of years. They have a ton of work to do and they haven't even started.

A mediocre tub that makes itself a terrible tub because of their SOP's, deceptive practices and sales BS.
Retired

swilly1000

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2019, 04:32:20 am »

Well, Master has deceived thousands and thousands of people for lots and lots of years. They have a ton of work to do and they haven't even started.

A mediocre tub that makes itself a terrible tub because of their SOP's, deceptive practices and sales BS.

Like I said, no dealing with it.  Just relentless on the hating. Never ends. Useless trying.  Can only laugh at it now.

And at the same time love my TS8.25 with the awesome jetting.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2019, 08:25:39 am »

Like I said, no dealing with it.  Just relentless on the hating. Never ends. Useless trying.  Can only laugh at it now.

And at the same time love my TS8.25 with the awesome jetting.

To each his own. Just don't jam it down my throat. Same with hot tub university.

You have a few good years left in yours, enjoy them.
Retired

NBonugli

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2019, 10:58:20 am »
I have my MS LSX 900 coming October 15th. I'll let you know how it is.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2019, 10:58:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42