What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thoughts on a Viking Heritage 1?  (Read 3752 times)

Mikester

Thoughts on a Viking Heritage 1?
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:33:00 pm »
My local dealer has a Viking Heritage 1.

It seems nice.  Any thoughts on it?

They're asking just under $8k.  Good price?

They also carry Sundance, but I think I'll get more bang for my buck with a Viking.

Hot Tub Forum

Thoughts on a Viking Heritage 1?
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:33:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Thoughts on a Viking Heritage 1?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:07:47 pm »
When you have 3 or more seats at the same height it's nice to have some flat area (all the same height, contoured) This looks a little restrictive? Have you sat in it and stretched out?

Viking are more value designed, but solid, easy to fix, maybe a bit less efficient. Maybe a bit less longevity. Seems a bit high to me. 6 grand? 6500? But if it's a solid dealer that provides services you can use?
Retired

Mikester

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:10 pm »
Interesting comment about it being restrictive.  I'll check it out again.

Not sure how good the dealer is, but they're the only the only one around.  So hard to get a sense of what a fair price is.  So, thanks for your comment on price.  Curious to see if anyone else has suggestions on price.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »
For $8k, there are way better options out there.  Viking is a low-end spa.  One thing that really gets me about them is that they claim to have the industry's longest warranty.  Their 6 year component warranty is certainly longer than most, but it is prorated to being worthless after a couple of years.  I really hate dishonest sales tactics.

In summary, for $8k you can get a great spa from a reputable manufacturer.

Mikester

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:57:39 pm »
Thanks.  The same dealer Carrie Sundance and Artesian.  But, they only had one of each in stock.  Sundance Altamar at approx $9800.  They have more Vikings in stock.

The other dealer in my area carries Hot Spring / Caldera.  But, limited selection in the store.

So, now I'm stalled. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:57:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42