What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ahh-some.... or not?  (Read 15104 times)

newtoit

Re: Ahh-some.... or not?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 07:50:29 am »
I'm a service tech for a dealer in New Jersey and we have been selling Hot Tub Serum for a year now and Wow have we seen some yucky tubs that looked absolutely clear before we put it in. We have done probably 50 to 60 drain and cleans so far and every spa new or old have had something come out. Hot Tub Serum is a stronger version of the same formula that Ahh-some is, we tried both. We have also been using the Serum liquid which stops the recurring build from coming back and man does the water stay clear. The neat thing about Hot Tub serum is the fact that it does a terrific job of cleaning out the spa in 25 minutes. Since every other purge takes about 24 hours we could never have been successful with the service, we would have to go back the next day. With Serum we are all done and refilled in about 2 hours. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 07:50:29 am »

dlleno

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 10:29:56 am »
I have very deep personal experience with ahh-some and its sister product, serum water maintenance.  If tested a half dozen products claiming to be "purge" or "enzyme purge" cleanse and other actions, to the point where my water bill went up due to the thousands of gallons of water I was throwing away for repeated drains. 

the short answer is that yes, ahh-some is the real deal.  i was astonished at what the others don't do -- and I'm not making this stuff up.   I gave ahh-some the "last crack" and it cleaned up what the others left behind.  Here's an example of the garbage that people put into a nice looking container, charge big bucks for it, and convince you of its magic:  With my spa contaminated with biofilms (which I discovered later), I cleaned my spa with the Silk Balance cleanser product.  it didn't do anything.  literally nothing was removed.  I then discovered it was nothing more than ordinary grocery store borax in an expensive container.  I still use the container to scoop water trapped in the contours of my seats when draining...

After cleansing with the Silk Balance expensive borax, and a couple other products that escape me at the moment,  I drained, refilled, and purged with ahh-some.  The ahh-some purge removed so much material I about lost my lunch. 

So as you can imagine I consider ahh-some (and the sister product, serum water care)  to be the only worthy purge products, and I think all of the others are pretty much over priced placebos -- and that includes some recognize names too.  and I've got the photos and data to back that up, believe me. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 05:43:41 pm »
I have very deep personal experience with ahh-some and its sister product, serum water maintenance.  If tested a half dozen products claiming to be "purge" or "enzyme purge" cleanse and other actions, to the point where my water bill went up due to the thousands of gallons of water I was throwing away for repeated drains. 

the short answer is that yes, ahh-some is the real deal.  i was astonished at what the others don't do -- and I'm not making this stuff up.   I gave ahh-some the "last crack" and it cleaned up what the others left behind.  Here's an example of the garbage that people put into a nice looking container, charge big bucks for it, and convince you of its magic:  With my spa contaminated with biofilms (which I discovered later), I cleaned my spa with the Silk Balance cleanser product.  it didn't do anything.  literally nothing was removed.  I then discovered it was nothing more than ordinary grocery store borax in an expensive container.  I still use the container to scoop water trapped in the contours of my seats when draining...

After cleansing with the Silk Balance expensive borax, and a couple other products that escape me at the moment,  I drained, refilled, and purged with ahh-some.  The ahh-some purge removed so much material I about lost my lunch. 

So as you can imagine I consider ahh-some (and the sister product, serum water care)  to be the only worthy purge products, and I think all of the others are pretty much over priced placebos -- and that includes some recognize names too.  and I've got the photos and data to back that up, believe me.

Did you try Swirl Away?
Retired

dlleno

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 11:19:45 pm »
I was running out of time and water so I didn't get to that one.   I tested the following

Sea klear
Silk balance
Aquafinesse
Natural chemistry
Ahh-some

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:17 am »
I was running out of time and water so I didn't get to that one.   I tested the following

Sea klear
Silk balance
Aquafinesse
Natural chemistry
Ahh-some

I find it to be a very strong reliable product. When you use swirl away be prepared to clean a lot of gunk from your tub. There are others also that are designed to clean biofilm from plumbing lines in residential and commercial water supply systems. But they are sold through plumbing supply houses and not hot tub supply stores.
Retired

newtoit

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 11:58:42 am »
I've used both swirl away and Serum. Hands down Serum is way stronger than Swirl Away. The two things I like about Serum is that the purge goes fast maybe 20 mins, we can purge and change the water in an hour or so, makes drain and cleans quick. Also Serum has a liquid that you continue with and that continues to clean the spa and keep the biofilm from coming back.

Sam

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:03 pm »
I have found swirl away to be mediocre at best.  Ahh-some is vastly superior, imo.  Someone linked a test done by a University in MT awhile ago and it showed most products, including swirl away, to ineffective on bio-film.  Ahh-some was far and away the best.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 03:48:34 pm »
A trusted local repair guy here who doesn't sell either tells me he thinks Swirl Away does a better job.

I think the OP should try both and make his own judgement.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »
A trusted local repair guy here who doesn't sell either tells me he thinks Swirl Away does a better job.

I think the OP should try both and make his own judgement.

I have used both in my hot tub and have found aah-some to work better. I sell both. Problem with aa-some is it's pretty damn expensive

skizit

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »
I've used Ahh Some twice in our tub that was new 6/15,  before both water changes. Definitely more  crap came out after the 1st use.  It's really not that expensive if you get the larger size as you only need a small amount each time.

As a side note it worked really well in a washer that sat a while. Got rid of a mildew smell and lots of gunk after 2 uses.

jw801

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 12:08:51 pm »
I have some Ahh-some left over in a pack from the previous owner of my hot tub. Thinking of running an Ahh-some cycle before we start out new chemical routine.

What I'm wondering is this. When we empty the hot tub after adding Ahh-some, can I just drain the water on to our garden? I can't find a drain anywhere nearby that I could use, so I'm wondering if this is an option? Or is the Ahh-some too toxic to do this?

someguy

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 05:15:22 pm »
Ahh-Some can be drained on the grass, in flower gardens or wherever.  You will not harm them.
It is safe.  It is very effective.  Just be sure to use the dose we recommend.  Don't use more.  More is NOT better.

dlleno

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52:51 pm »
Shocking doesn't really loosen up biofilm. Cause I shocked as well.

This is an important point, and I have found this to be true in my own experience as well.  Essentially, what I proved, to my own satisfaction was

1.  my spa was delivered with biofilm contaminants.  Wet testing at the factory, followed by transportation and storage delays in warm weather....

2.  to prove your post right, I personally shocked my spa with 50ppm chlorine for 1 hour, and I STILL measured a high chlorine decay rate.  I did not clear this up until I purged

so to emphasize your point the difference between shocking, including the traditional "decon" procedure and purging is that the former will only attenuate bioilms, while the latter will actually remove them

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42