What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Pricing for a 2015 Bullfrog A8  (Read 10055 times)

Sorrentino100

Best Pricing for a 2015 Bullfrog A8
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
This would be for a factory ordered, brand-new 2015 Bullfrog A8 equipped with a cover, optional circulator pump and ozone generator. That's it. It would be picked-up at the dealer.

I've seen posts here with an out-the-door price in the low $9xxx. I'd purchase at that price.

Please let me know if you have a lead on a dealership where this is possible.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Pricing for a 2015 Bullfrog A8
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Best Pricing for a 2015 Bullfrog A8
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »
Tell your dealer this.
Retired

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:28:00 pm »

I've seen posts here with an out-the-door price in the low $9xxx. I'd purchase at that price.

I would quite easily, and politely decline this offer.  That deal for a dealer... I would beg the question as to why would I sell it at all?

av8r

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 07:40:51 pm »
This would be for a factory ordered, brand-new 2015 Bullfrog A8 equipped with a cover, optional circulator pump and ozone generator. That's it. It would be picked-up at the dealer.

Please let me know if you have a lead on a dealership where this is possible.

Thanks!

You missed the A8 for A7 price deal a month or so ago.

Good luck.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:15:38 pm »
That's a $12k spa all day. $9k is a laughable amount for a dealer to take especially on a special order tub. Dealers need to make money to stay in business.

Sorrentino100

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 10:28:16 pm »
There were a few links here in which a couple of people were in the 9xxxk range. Dealers in this area are selling an A8 for $15,695.

Please explain how a dealer ordering a tub is considered a special order and would be more expensive.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:32:30 pm by Sorrentino100 »

Sorrentino100

amy2421

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:39 am »
Please explain how a dealer ordering a tub is considered a special order and would be more expensive.

Typically rock-bottom blowout prices are seen on "Truckload Sale" or floor models or in-stock tubs that the dealer is more motivated to clear out for a bargain price than a factory fresh special-order tub. The local Sundance dealer said that they had the best prices because the owner orders truckloads of tubs at a time and therefore gets preferred pricing from the factory. (Of course, to get that deal we had to choose one of the color/accessory combos that were already in-stock or coming in on one of the truckloads.) Now whether that is true or a bunch of sales BS, who knows! :)

We bought our Jacuzzi during a special Truckload sale and they had a list of the incoming tubs in the computer that we had to choose from. Ours was supposed to be Platinum/Silverwood, which it showed on the screen and was the combo we wanted, but it came in Platinum/Mahogany and no one noticed until they were loading it on the truck to deliver it to us 2 1/2 months later! I still to this day don't know if it was wrong in the computer or if they mixed up my tub and delivered it to someone else. Or if the deal we got was too good so they decided to give us whatever they had left.

I imagine that would be much less likely to happen on a special-order, but conversely you're likely to pay more.

av8r

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 07:11:19 am »
There were a few links here in which a couple of people were in the 9xxxk range. Dealers in this area are selling an A8 for $15,695.

If the dealer truly understands his costs of doing business an ordered tub has a lower cost to the dealer than one that has sat on the floor for months.  The markup on tubs is very high...kind of like RVs/Campers and furniture.  Find a motivated dealer and get a deal.  I did....and since then several of my friends have as well.

d00nut

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 11:16:28 am »
If the dealer truly understands his costs of doing business an ordered tub has a lower cost to the dealer than one that has sat on the floor for months. 

That's not necessarily true.  If I order 1-6 tubs, my freight is A LOT  higher than a full truck.  The only time I order that few, is a special order deal.  The other thing is you typically get breaks for ordering full trucks other than freight, like special truckload pricing, or terms.  The tub that is sitting on the floor however, could be racking up a lot of money for the bank if the dealer is on some kind of flooring plan, therefore, a better deal is always an instock tub.  Typically...

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 12:54:57 pm »

so go find those links and track down the 1 bullfrog dealer on the planet who doesn't like making a profit and buy it

Sam

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 01:11:09 pm »
$9k on an A8 is ridiculous.  If you get one for $11k you still got a fantastic deal.  Real world price for that spa is in the upper $12k range.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 02:02:16 pm »
If the dealer truly understands his costs of doing business an ordered tub has a lower cost to the dealer than one that has sat on the floor for months. 

That's not necessarily true.  If I order 1-6 tubs, my freight is A LOT  higher than a full truck.  The only time I order that few, is a special order deal.  The other thing is you typically get breaks for ordering full trucks other than freight, like special truckload pricing, or terms.  The tub that is sitting on the floor however, could be racking up a lot of money for the bank if the dealer is on some kind of flooring plan, therefore, a better deal is always an instock tub.  Typically...

That is a perfect explanation.  I always get full price on a single tub special order.  When I buy tubs I get them by the truckload which saves me money which I will pass along to the consumers. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 02:49:56 pm »
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,18955.15.html

You might want to send this person who got the tub for $9k a message (use the "my messages" option above) and ask some questions including where he is located of course!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sorrentino100

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »
I did call the dealer that was suggested in a prior forum. There current price is $12,800, plus tax. That is if I pick it up.

I spoke with another dealer and they told me that I would save $100 if I waited for it to be shipped on a full truck order. He added that the list price for an A8 with a circulator pump and ozone generator is $17,207.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2015, 04:36:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42