What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fresh fill, FC usage?  (Read 1819 times)

angromarsi

Fresh fill, FC usage?
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »
We were gone for a week and even though I super chlorinated before we left, we came home to cloudy greenish water (Sundance Hamilton, 393 gallons).  Water was due to be drained anyway so husband drained, cleaned the filter and refilled (unfortunately I didn't remind him to use the ahhsome).  Now with fresh water (looks good), balanced pH, TA, and CH, I noticed that Chlorine loss was high (he put in .5 oz dichlor first night), next morning, tub was 0ppm.  So, I've been shocking and raising to 10 PPM for the last 2 nights now, averaging ~5ppm FC loss overnight and ranging from .5 to 1 ppm CC. 

In reading up on the Overnight FC loss tests, this loss seems to be way too high (but now can only find this in relation to pools--does it also apply to covered hot tubs?)

What do you recommend at this point?  Keep going with shocking to 10ppm morning and night?  Or ahhsome, drain and refill again?    Likely won't be able to drain until the weekend now since the household is also now under the weather with a stomach bug...

Hot Tub Forum

Fresh fill, FC usage?
« on: December 01, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »

av8r

Re: Fresh fill, FC usage?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »
If it were me I'd run Ah-Some, a couple cycles of it and then fill and superchlorinate.  High demand means something in there to be killed...so kill it!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Fresh fill, FC usage?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42