What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ACE water system - chlorine  (Read 2435 times)

Crissy

ACE water system - chlorine
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:06 am »
Hi
I am new to the ACE system, we just had our spa installed 5 days ago.  So during set up, I had a dumb moment and over the past few days, added too much chlorine.  My test strips are 10ppm or more.  I have turned the ACE system down to 1 (vacation mode).  Is there any way to get the chlorine levels down or will the system take care of itself??  I can't believe I was so stupid to add too much chlorine.........
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

ACE water system - chlorine
« on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:06 am »

d00nut

Re: ACE water system - chlorine
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:02:26 pm »
If you are really worried about it, you can add a very small amount of hydrogen peroxide (the $1 stuff from the first aid section at a grocery store.)  That will neutralize the chlorine really fast.

Don't add much, otherwise it will drop to zero and stay there for awhile!

chem geek

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:13:22 pm »
You add the same volume of 3% hydrogen peroxide for the amount of FC in that same volume of 6% bleach.  So if you go into PoolMath and enter in the number of gallons for your spa, then enter in your desired FC you want to end up with in the Now column and your current FC value in the Target column and enter "6" for the weight % of bleach then it will tell you "Add #.# oz of 6 weight % bleach."  In a 350 gallon spa, 7.3 fluid ounces of 3% hydrogen peroxide would lower the FC by 10 ppm.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.  It will come down on it's own.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42