What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Paper mold in hot tub  (Read 14717 times)

jons

Re: Paper mold in hot tub
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2015, 07:54:33 am »
I think they may have been one of my problems, we never left the water valve trickling.  You can bet the house that it's trickling now and will be from now on, lol.  I wouldn't wish paper mold on my worst enemy. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2015, 07:54:33 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2015, 11:40:40 am »
That may have been the most difficult water mold situations ever.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

amy2421

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »
Thanks all for the advice re: the waterfalls.

Congrats Jons on slaying the mold monster!! :)

dlleno

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »
hey all new member here but just couldn't help joining the ahh-some party here.  I've slain the biofilm monster with this stuff, and even tested a number of other products as well.  ahh-some is the only one that is for real. 

I also agree with the multiple purges thing.  people have a tendency to expect that one purge will work miracles, but if the spa is significantly contaminated -- and biofilms do regenerate quickly and with vengence -- you will need several purges.  I've said this before but the spa is not clean until you are running an ahh-some treated spa WITH FILTERS INSTALLED, and you see no material release.  you have to purge first without the filters installed -- per label directions --  clean the filters outside the tub with a solution of ahh-some plus your favorite de-greaser.  then when you have a squeaky clean spa dosed with ahh-some, put your cleaned filters back where they belong.  In my case, I got a little more material released, which I was able to wipe up with a micro fiber cloth while the jets were running.  drain the spa and rinse everything,, including the filters, as you would normally do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42