What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: To shock or not ?  (Read 2976 times)

jbequer

To shock or not ?
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:59 am »
New tub owner draining water for the first time using the ahh some flush product.
After filling with fresh water, should I do a shock treatment of Dichlor before adding the Aquafinesse?
I've had the spa for 30 days, I noticed too much foam and difficult time regulating of chemicals and cloudy water.
I think as most recommended a drain refill is needed. I figure the new spa came with dirty water in the inner pipes which caused most of the problems.
I hope I can keep the water clear as it once was for about two weeks. I hope it's not that difficult to keep the water clean, I'm hoping my theory about the dirty pipes is correct.
So do I need to shock new water to make sure I start out clean?

375 Gallons How much Dichlor for shock?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:03:26 am by jbequer »

Hot Tub Forum

To shock or not ?
« on: October 05, 2015, 10:57:59 am »

Sam

Re: To shock or not ?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:00:37 pm »
I'd throw a couple of teaspoons in, but it's probably not necessary since you did the ahh-some.

jbequer

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 03:42:57 pm »
Some people use ahh some a second time , how would I know if it's needed twice for a complete clean?

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:46:57 pm »
If your water is really dirty after you have run the Ahh-Some through, then you might want to do it a second time.

dlleno

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »
I know this is a late entry but the question caught my eye and i thought i would share my experience.  the short answer is YES - some conditions call for more than one ahh-some purge.  in my situation I had a brand new spa delivered to my back patio, but my concrete pad was not yet ready  -- so the wet-tested new spa sat in hot weather, growing biofilms.  I could never get sanitizer demand down to normal levels because bad guys were lurking. 

the long and the short of it is that a spa may require more than one purge.  what i ended up doing is purging three times, and on the last time I put my cleaned filters back into their normal positions and ran an ahh-some treated spa just to prove there was nothing else to release.  the cleaned filters actually released some small small amount of material which I wiped up with the micro fiber cloth, rinsing in a separate ahh-some solution.  that did the trick for me - my CL demand went back down to normal and all was well after that. 

My advice is that the spa is not purged properly until you are running an ahh-some treated spa and see no contaminant release.  For severely contaminated spas this can take several purges.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42