What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Windex... Lysol Wipes... water & vinegar?  (Read 6218 times)

amy2421

Windex... Lysol Wipes... water & vinegar?
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »
I tried reading through past threads about the best method to clean the inside of the tub (shell). The dealer said they use Windex. Is that better than Lysol Wipes? And should the Windex be diluted? Does it have to be rinsed down with water after or is it good enough if it is wiped off with a soft cloth? I also heard that water & vinegar works well too, but admittedly I am leaning more towards Windex or wipes because they're easier.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Hot Tub Forum

Windex... Lysol Wipes... water & vinegar?
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Windex... Lysol Wipes... water & vinegar?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 06:38:18 pm »
 You cleaning your brand new spa?    If your looking for something down the road, I use baking soda, make kind of a paste and a terry cloth rag.      But that's only if there is a weird stain or something.  Other than that I drain and re-fill and away I go. 

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:54:40 pm »
My wife had a vinegar and water solution she uses for cleaning the house, and I just use that when I'm doing the inside of the tub.

amy2421

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 09:16:40 pm »
You cleaning your brand new spa?    If your looking for something down the road, I use baking soda, make kind of a paste and a terry cloth rag.      But that's only if there is a weird stain or something.  Other than that I drain and re-fill and away I go.

There was a lot of debris, dust and water spots inside our tub when it arrived, so I was thinking I should clean the shell as thoroughly as I can before we fill it.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »
 I would just get the dust/dirt out and fill it, should be fine.  ;)

amy2421

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:36:19 pm »
I would just get the dust/dirt out and fill it, should be fine.  ;)

I had read about the water being in the bottom due to the factory wet test. The dealer said that the debris and stuff gets in during transportation. Does that seem typical to you Jim? When it was delivered, it didn't have the box top but it had blue film taped all over the shell.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 10:26:07 pm »
 The blue film is a good thing, means it was factory wrapped up before getting to you. IE not sitting in a showroom somewhere.    The amount of water from the factory leak test is normal, remember you are filling it with over 400 gallons of water.   3 or 4 gallons in the spa now is a drop in the proverbial bucket.      When you fill it throw a capful or 2 of chlorine in it to nuke any nasty's. 

amy2421

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 10:56:45 pm »
The blue film is a good thing, means it was factory wrapped up before getting to you. IE not sitting in a showroom somewhere.    The amount of water from the factory leak test is normal, remember you are filling it with over 400 gallons of water.   3 or 4 gallons in the spa now is a drop in the proverbial bucket.      When you fill it throw a capful or 2 of chlorine in it to nuke any nasty's.

OK thanks. I wasn't concerned about the water so much as the debris and dust and spots. I guess I'm still a bit wary after the shenanigans with not getting the tub we ordered. I meant to look inside the service panel when our electrician opened it to make sure it was brand new / never hooked up, but I wasn't right there when he opened it.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 12:28:47 am »
You probably couldn't tell anyway.  Relax and quit worrying, enjoy the spa!

amy2421

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:07 am »
Ha ha! Thanks Jim. The electrician is back today doing some other work and he says that when he opened the panel it didn't look like anyone else had been in there before. Also thinking about it last night, I figured that if it was a used spa they probably would have cleaned out all the crap to make it look brand new, so the fact that they didn't lends itself to being road debris as they stated.

Judging by the dead bugs/spiders I found when I wiped it out, they definitely look like they could have come all the way from Mexico! :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 08:21:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42