What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J325 --- fault  (Read 4406 times)

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jacuzzi J325 --- fault
« on: September 30, 2015, 07:05:01 am »
Good Morning,

I have a 1 year old Jacuzzi J325 hot tub that gets the --- watchdog fault way too often. Plug off and on resets but with winter coming want this gone. The repairman says because I plug it into a GFI plug that the 2 GFI's might be working against each other. I doubt that's it but will change the plug.

Any ideas what might be causing this, where to start? An on-line search says hi-lo limit might be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J325 --- fault
« on: September 30, 2015, 07:05:01 am »

lehacf

Re: Jacuzzi J325 --- fault
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:59:31 am »
From the software/firmware standpoint term "watchdog" always refers to internal circuitry or software that monitors main circuitry or software. In case that main component fails "watchdog" suppose to reset it. My guess is that you have either board or software corruption.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 07:06:47 pm »
Good Morning,

I have a 1 year old Jacuzzi J325 hot tub that gets the --- watchdog fault way too often. Plug off and on resets but with winter coming want this gone. The repairman says because I plug it into a GFI plug that the 2 GFI's might be working against each other. I doubt that's it but will change the plug.

Any ideas what might be causing this, where to start? An on-line search says hi-lo limit might be the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ivan

Watch dog is 90% of the time a faulty sensor with the high limit being very low on the failure rate.   You could run the GFCI cord into a extension cord and pug that in someplace else and see if it changes. 

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »
From the software/firmware standpoint term "watchdog" always refers to internal circuitry or software that monitors main circuitry or software. In case that main component fails "watchdog" suppose to reset it. My guess is that you have either board or software corruption.

How does software get reset on these? If firmware then I assume would have to replace control board.

im45us

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

Watch dog is 90% of the time a faulty sensor with the high limit being very low on the failure rate.   You could run the GFCI cord into a extension cord and pug that in someplace else and see if it changes.
[/quote]

Problem is I have nothing close to the tub that's not GFI. I could change the plug for a month or so to non GFI.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42